Bj's Modellflyg videos

Bjarne Kvilvang

Part 4 of Maintenance and service before summer. This is the last video in this series and the test flight of the RC-Viking in windy conditions, it was a bit to windy and was close to a crash at takeoff. Hope you all liked this miniseries, and if you would like other videos made in the same setup but with a different topic so just let me know.

Cheers Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...
Then we are home at Sveg in Sweden after what should have been a quiet Easter at Røros in Norway. The calm Easter became a not planned 2500 kilometers long roadtrip and during this roadtrip did we pass the RingebuRC so had to check if someone was in place. Found no one but could not leave without testing their airfield, so here's a small video with Bj's Modellflyg at RingebuRC airfield.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Got a great evening at Easter on Røros with a perfect sunset, went out on one of the mountains around Røros and flew a couple of rounds and filmed some from the plane to get as good pictures as possible. You can see here the amazing nature we have here in Scandinavia. This was definitely a memorable experience for me, getting deeply humbled when surrounded in this beautiful nature.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Edited By Bjarne Kvilvang on 25/04/2017 16:58:37

• 2 weeks later...
Got in the car and drove 500 km round trip (310 miles) to be on FaluRFK Roll-Out May 3 and do not regret it for one second, lots of people and lots of flying. Varies from 2-5 airplanes almost all the time in the air and a wonderful mix of models and ages on the pilots. A really great event, many thanks to FaluRFK and a special thank you to Niclas Horn advised us to come.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

My friend has bought an e-flite Carbon Cub Z that he will buddy boxing with. A bit difficult to start with such a big model, but he is skilled and is listening to my instructions so this should go well. Here do I take the first flight to trim the plane before we start buddy boxing with it.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 2 weeks later...
Not my coolest model this, but it's one of those I like most in my hangar. This is a real oldtimer that has been in use for many years, something that appears in the worn color of the model. This Piper J-3 Cub flies like a dream with a 56 4T glow engine. I have planned to fly a lot this season with this wonderful model. It's pure joy and relaxation flying this one.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Posted by Cliff Bastow on 24/05/2017 17:14:25:

Great video BJ,

I have to say that our clubs safety officer would have a heart attack to see an unrestrained plane being taxied out directly behind other fliers!

I'm not sure what you do see in this video Cliff, It was only me, my son (the one that lifted down the cub), my wife (filming) and tow friends standing behind us talking about a dog. And we are at an private airfield in the middle of nowhere and there was nobody else flying. As in charge of security in our club can I guarantee you that there was no danger.

You can watch this video and see the layout of our field:

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 24/05/2017 19:14:54:

Ooooo..... Bjarne , this is eternal design and flying really totally scale ,also good engine sound wink 2 And your perfect flying is always on the fringe of the incident teeth 2
To you and your son, greeting and support from Croatia.

Thank you Josip............ smiley

Posted by Cliff Bastow on 25/05/2017 17:08:25:

HI BJ,

Sorry I was referring to the footage from falurfk.se where you can see models being taxied towards other people and not your Cub video. sorry for the confusion.

Cliff.

Aha that I can understand, it's a different club and my first visit there. You are absolutely right there was a lack of safety there, not just the taxing but at the flight line and in the depo as well. They did things different than what we do, but it would be wrong of me to point out there rules as a first time visitor, but they can't behave like that if they visit us.

Cheers Bjarne

My friend Kalle brought his Thunder Tiger Innovator MD530, and while he was flying did he talked to someone about a known problem with the model. The problem is that it goes completely dead without warning and just crashes. Speaking of the problem can see it happening in front of the camera in this video.

The video have English subtitles.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Absolutely the first flight for my newest student Michel who has only tested the simulator so far. My first 2-3 flights I usually let my student fly freely to feel a little bit about how it is and to know the difference between simulator and real flight. Michel is flying well, so I do believe he will be solo pretty fast.

Model: Multiplex Magister
Transmitter 1: FrSky TARANIS X9D PLUS
Transmitter 2: HobbyKing HK6S

The video does also have English subtitles.
Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Posted by Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 07/06/2017 12:47:46:

Hi Bjarne &Kalle , the number of gray-hear flyers is increasing....teeth 2....of course ,I noticed a Kalle's good soft landingsmile p

Greetings form Adriatic Sea face 1

Thank you Josip. We are a mix between 15 and 75 years old members in our club.......... wink

Cheers Bjarne

Karl Anders fly scale with his E-Sky Belt CP, which is equipped with a scale body. Good to see a helicopter with a scale body flying around like a helicopter and not all possible and impossible 3D acrobatics. Karl Anders is capable of flying scale, regardless of whether he is flying a Raptor 50, a small electric helicopter or a model plane.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

Posted by Dwain Dibley. on 08/06/2017 11:50:13:

Very good Bjarne,

I enjoy watching your videos, you have a great place to fly.

I liked your maintenance videos too.

Regards

D.D.

Thank you so much Dwain. There are more videos planned that will be in the same category and from my workshop, not sure when I'l get to start filming them. Just now do I prioritize flying and filming that, but if there will be a longer period with bad whether......... wink

Cheers Bjarne

I have to admit that I live in a perfect place with a wonderful nature, just to go out and fly in the morning at 5:15 am while the nature wakes up with all the wonderful birdsong is a privilege. Flying in the sunrise with music of nature really recharges the internal batteries in the body and gives true calm in the soul.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne

• 3 weeks later...
Had a wonderful day this year also at Östersundsträffen with happy and nice pilots, well mixed from Norway and Sweden. I myself flew my Carbon Cub Z, Durafly Tundra and my wonderful Piper J-3 Cub with a 4 stroke engine. Sunny and warm day with some wind and some heat from the hot asphalt. So thank you very much to Östersund MFK for another wonderful meeting.

Hope you like the video.

Cheers Bjarne