OpenTx - what is the fuss really about?

Posted by Allan Bennett on 15/08/2020 20:46:26:

...I like the idea of Matty's 'unknockable' switches too, though the need for a sequence of movements to lower the u/c on my landing approach is not very attractive -- I've got enough to do at that point in the flight! I'll have a look at it though, for I'm sure the 'unknockable' aspect could be applied only to u/c up, leaving u/c lowering as a single flip of the switch.

I have updated my unknockable switches to offer the option above- you can download the OTX file for OpenTX v2.3 with documentation and all the sound files needed on RCSettings. The good news is I was able to simplify the logical switches to 3 per implementation which makes it much easier to setup

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Missed this thread, thanks for popping it up @ken anderson. lot of great info in it.

Toe dipping into the world of OpenTX having bought a second hand QX7S complete with 4in1 module for a fantastic price in comparison to other options. 

Been watching a bunch of YouTube videos from Painless360 and for my current simple 4 and 5 channel needs OpenTX looks straightforward with lots of capability to expand in the future.

Edited by PDB
  • Like 1

As a long time Futaba (20) years and Hitec A9 user......I bought a Radiomaster T16s....it was a bit daunting OT.....but after while I started to understand it(just).....this thread was set away by BEB...RIP.

Ken Anderson....ne...1 ...OT dept.

Edited by ken anderson.
Extra words of wisdom.

• 7 months later...

I need a bit of help with a OTX Mixer.    I have set up a twin engine (I.C.) mixer,  Each engine has a separate channel. Using a three position switch I have

1. No Mix

2. Throttles mixed with rudder. Full rudder adds 5% to one engine and subtracts 5% to the other.

3.  As 2 but 10% added / subtracted.

This was added to the model because it has a tendency to swing to the left on take off but is also good for taxiing.

The problem is when taxiing the engine which has the throttle reduced often moves into the zone where the engine stops.  If I add a few clicks of throttle first all is well but in the heat of the moment this can be forgotten resulting in a stoppage.

Is there a setting in OTX where if switch position 2 or 3 is in use it wont drop the throttle channels below a preset number or even the number used in the throttle trim setting??

Thanks 

Stu K

I think if in the outputs menu you set the lower limit you want not to go beyond it should respect that, I stand to be corrected as I haven't used Open TX for a few years but that would certainly work in Ethos essentially written by one of the ex Open TX developers (Bertrand), worth trying though.