Show Us Your 3D Prints

Ian Jones

pla for the rim and hub.

laced with nylon thread.

had to use a cut down needle to aid with the lacing and a building jig i printed out for the job as well.

need to make another one now that i know this one worked so i can bung them on an rc model for testing.

oh i need to make some depron tyres now.

Tony B

Posted by Ken Lighten on 18/04/2017 20:41:23:

I saw the wire holder that Ian Jones had printed and thought that it looked a relatively simple thing to have a go at designing with Fusion 360, so, using the principles in BobW guide in 'Fusion 360 for modellers' thread, I had a go!

img_1137.jpg

It works too!

Quite pleased with myself!

Ken

So you should be Ken, well done.

Fancy sharing it with us on Thingiverse at RC Flying Models ?

Posted by Tony Bennett on 19/04/2017 16:32:12:

pla for the rim and hub.

laced with nylon thread.

had to use a cut down needle to aid with the lacing and a building jig i printed out for the job as well.

need to make another one now that i know this one worked so i can bung them on an rc model for testing.

oh i need to make some depron tyres now.

Tony B

Brilliant, nylon thread for spokes, wow, who would have thought it. Now get some flexible filament and print the tyres devilwink.

Nice one Ken, have you seen that it's getting noticed? 5 downloads out of 25 views when I looked a moment ago. Hmm, looks like your bench top might be an upside down laminated work surface, mine is smile.

I'll be having some of BobW's useful tools too, I like the look of those sanding sticks.

Edited By Ian Jones on 20/04/2017 19:41:03

• 2 weeks later...

A tank for an India Mills 1.3cc engine.

The tank was printed in translucent PLA and tank top in silver grey PLA. I've been testing PLA to see how proof it is with fuel. I cut a few length of PLA filament and dropped them in jam jars or Diesel fuel and Glow fuel (standard Diesel and Synthetic 10% nitro Glow). Left them for a month of so and the diesel doesn't seem to have had any affect on the PLA. The PLA softened slightly in the glow fuel but didn't dissolve and didn't seem to get any softer than after its first day in it. The print was porous slightly and the inside has been sealed with Plastic Weld solvent.

The files for the tank and top are on Thingiverse if anyone wants them.

p5010003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I printed a couple of these (by El7ias, published , scaled up a little to fit my Hitec Eclipse 7 & Eclipse 7 Pro:

They are good but I felt I could I could make them stay in position better if I put a bridge across two of them:

bridged.jpg

The cutout in the middle fits around the neck strap ring which if the strap clip is inserted can be used to provide addional security if required:

bridgedonhitece7.jpg

Edited By Ian Jones on 20/05/2017 01:50:38

Edited By Ian Jones on 20/05/2017 01:51:35

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's my most recent:

QuarterScalePilot

1/4 scale pilot printed from "Gary" on Thingiverese. I printed it with ABS (suitably masked up) on a PEI sheet. To try and improve the finish I tried a cold acetone vapour bath. My container wasn't sealed well enough and it was to cold in my garage for it to vapourise properly, so it didn't make much difference, though the pilot did end up looking at his instruments! A technique I need to do some more work on!

Posted by Tony Bennett on 27/10/2017 08:44:27:

The machine gun is for my 1/4 scale hawker fury.

this is my latest.

9th scale figures for the Lancaster refurb.

Tony B

Graet guns Tony, the Lanc. is going to be well kitted out. Could do with something similar for my SE5a.

Not to too sure about the lycra looking trousers though wink 2.

Edited By Ian Jones on 30/10/2017 11:21:34

Posted by Geoff Gardiner on 28/10/2017 12:12:26:

I designed this after losing my battery hatch on my Wot4 Foam E.

I also added some air vents for better cooling.

hatch.jpg

dsc00804.jpg

dsc00801.jpg

I have posted it on Thingiverse here if anybody is interested.

Geoff...

Nice work Geoff, thanks for posting it to Thingiverse, I'm sure others will find it useful.