How much does your club membership cost on top of your adult 33 pounds BMFA membership?

£51 + BMFA for two fields main field mowed by club the second by members who use it . We also have a FOC club day with BBQ and firework display in September. Our overflying area at our main site has been reduced over the past year or so by the building of a solar farm but the club still have plenty of sky and membership is always full. 

Our senior member fee is £93 but the club has good facilities with a clubhouse with hot and cold water and stove, plus proper loos and a storage container. We also have our own lawn tractor plus a pit area with built in tables on a hard surface. We have a grass strip with a cross wind take off option. As we are in Enfield borough near London council rates are quite high, so are fees are still good value considering we are not far from town.

Edited By Timothy Harris 1 on 25/10/2016 18:50:00

£55 (including BMFA)

Good points

• Really cheap
  • Great company
  • Excellent cake
  • It never rains...( OK,so I lied)

Bad points

• Trees
  • A bit of turbulance
  • Rabbits digging up the strip
  • Trees
  • Damn rabbits again!
  • No toilets ( that's what the trees are for )
  • No water, electricity, poor road ( did I mention I'm in Cornwall ! )

Edited By cymaz on 25/10/2016 20:02:28

Edited By cymaz on 25/10/2016 20:04:59

98 Euros (88 quid) all in including the insurance scheme here in Spain. There are no restrictions as to when we can fly and we have full access to all the facilities, which include:

Two tarmac runways ; 160m and 200m. Clubhouse with hot and cold running water, kitchen area with storage and double sink, coffee machine and fridge and a large table and chairs. Also a TV, a darts board and a real open fireplace for those chilly autumn/winter mornings when we often cook sausages, etc for breakfast. Just outside is a barbecue area surrounded by almond trees.

Fully covered pits area which includes parking for cars. 12v power supply for battery charging and a central circular bar area which serves as the main communication hub with PA for competitions/displays. There are bench seats looking out to the main field which can be augmented by some plastic tables and chairs if needed.The covered pits extends to include 6 hangars (alarmed) for model storage and a large bench on which to prepare models.

Round the back is a small copse which can be used for camping in the summer which includes an outdoor shower and toilets. There's also a large storage space for items such as lawn mowers and general bits and bobs. The storage area has a flat roof with access via stairs that offers an elevated panoramic view of the whole site. In one back corner we even grew some vegetables this year.

The final icing on the cake is the view of the Pyrenees which acts as a spectacular backdrop behind the models when flying.

All this and only 10 minutes drive away up the dual carriageway. Something of a bargain I would say.

Steve.

A measly 120 quid + Bmfa insurance, provides our 100 members the benefit of a private field within the M25. Our facilities include a 120mx30m all weather Astroturf runway. Clubhouse with WC and mains water. Excellent pits with lots of restraint benches, immediately next to the carpark. Separate heli practice area. Monthly club nights including summer bbq's (all food and drink provided). It's great!

Edited By Model Monster on 25/10/2016 21:47:42

SCRCS - £46 + BMFA

Dedicated field with 24x7 access

Gets very wet in winter so we have to park on the lane

E/W Strip - mowed by volunteer(s) in very good condition

North facing pilots area

Electric fence to protect the strip

Steel container shed in corner

Copse of trees about 100m North which do catch the unwary

Friendly low key relaxed flying

No toilets surprise

Edited By Martyn K on 25/10/2016 22:47:32

We work hard down here, in darkest Cornwall, to try and attract other flyers to come and join us at our events. I regularly post the Chris Foss Fly here as well as our sport/scale events. The visitors that have attended have said what a relaxed and friendly days flying they've had.

Do other clubs have open events that other clubs can attend? With all the great facilities mentioned above it wouldn't be too much to levy a small charge. I try and get to a few during the year, Greenacers, Ashbourne....

Sure, there is the events page but more info and chat might come from a thread devoted to club events.

Or am I just too far away from civilisation?

£54 + BMFA if members pay before January 1st, or £69 + BMFA if paid on or after January 1st. Only one or two members (out of 120) usually don't bother to benefit from our 'prompt payment discount' of £15, so we get all of our subs done and dusted PDQ. This makes the task much less onerous and keeps costs down for us and the BMFA, by dealing with one large batch and not messing around with a few, here and there. The club portal I find very good for dealing with the BMFA stuff...........no more sticky barcodes, thank goodness. No concessions except for under 18s (no joining fee for juniors, just £17 +BMFA) all other new members pay a one-time joining fee of £80.

Payment by cheque has fallen to around 50% of members, 20% pay by bank transfer and the remainder by good old fashioned cash at our AGM.

Edited By Cuban8 on 26/10/2016 07:57:02