How much does your club membership cost on top of your adult 33 pounds BMFA membership?

our club £110 per year +BMFA grass strip mown weekly in summer 24/7 access container for two sit on lawn mowers of which we have three, toilets, and clubroom all mod cons?? approx. 19 member but we will go to 25, no nonsense club we put the world to rights every week(make of that what you will) two BMFA examiners regular food?? couldn't wish for a better club??we are in Cheshire ?? fly large models and electric + petrol and old timer type models and sometimes control line, sorry NO HELECOPTERS you come and fly three or four times for free then you are asked if you would like to join or you are asked to leave this has worked well for us since 1990

• 1 year later...

As an interested reader in the USA, I hope you fellows don't mind me chiming in on your posting here. I fly as a member of the AMA (most clubs and fields require this here). My AMA dues, including a nice magazine is about $65.00 per year.

I belong to two clubs locally, one charges $30.00 for the first year, then $60.00 for following years of membership.

The other club charges $35.00 per year, but that will likely go up for next season.

Both clubs have grass runways, ample parking, small field buildings and small outhouses. We have no running water or electricity at either field.

Cheers!

Jesse in Pennsylvania

Cannot see the issue regarding joining fee. If nothing else it might buy commitment. I have known modellers collect clubs and join 2,3 or 4. Fair does I belonged to 3 many years ago However some these have no commitment to clubs other than their main one and in many cases no respect for the club, other members and most importantly the landlord and neighbours. There will also be no contribution, work wise to the club purely joined for convenience

£33 for adult members, we have a huge tarmac area (originally a commercial airport) with locked toilets on site (members have a key). Clubhouse with heater and gas burner for tea/coffee. Storage container, locked gate and plenty of space for car parking (all on tarmac), no long walks. Unlimited access 6 days per week (area used on Sunday afternoons for a market). Even have a "chucky wagon" (mobile food) on site Monday - Friday within a 100yds.

Delyn MFC 2019 fees - club fees £10, site fee per member £30, BMFA £37 - total £77. 7 day access. Club hut with chairs, bench etc. Lots of parking near pits. Grass runways and CL circle. Site big enough for FF, Full set up(plane, Tx, buddy box etc) of 2 club trainers, one IC one electric. Both 25P per flight and no need to bring anything other than yourself. Easy/quick access of the A55. Membership varies between 40 -50. Even at these rates the club bank balance continues to grow, to the embarrassment of the club treasurer.