Destiny, My new design.

I have now taken some photos of my electric conversion and thought that I would put them on the thread

DSCF4950.thumb.JPG.56c5d61ce56de64854cb8f13cd97a0f3.JPG

A square hole is cut in F-1 and a plywood box is fitted to bolt the motor on.  The former is cut away to allow air through to cool the battery

DSCF4951.thumb.JPG.50aace5411c45b5decec39ebb09acd0e.JPG

The top is simply cut away to make the hatch and Velcro is stuck down on the existing tank bay floor. This will take a 3000 4S battery.

DSCF4952.thumb.JPG.2e4cccaff57cf2b57fa3866083057276.JPG

A hole is cut in the belly and an air scoop is fitted to cool the ESC

The air outlet is made but cutting away most of the instrument panel in the cockpit.

DSCF4953.thumb.JPG.a40b879f810c38b9f0e2499b4ccfcc36.JPG

The hatch is retained with two very simple brass strips which pop over a couple of screws which have had their heads cut off.

Obviously  when doing the conversion on a new model it can be made much more neatly

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

I hope you are well.

I was talking to Tina at SLEC about an order and I asked about laser cutting for Destiny. I was told that they used your original drawings and experience had taught them that the published drawings often had differences. What they will do is check their version with your pdf, looking for any differences. I hope you have the pdf and will PM it to me please. While chatting I found out they had old stock of laser cut parts from before 2009 I am now wondering if they are going to sell them at a discount, I will ask if so and what they have.

Thanks

Steve

• 2 months later...
On 17/08/2018 at 11:59, Peter Miller said:

Hi Trevor. MIssed that mistake. I have PMed you and can send you a scan of my original Compufoil print out on an A4 page of that rib.

Anyonex alse who wants a copy. please PM your email address

Edited By Peter Miller on 17/08/2018 11:01:02

I to would appreciate a copy of R 10 too please
Regards
Jim Burge