2017 Mass Build Sign Up Thread.

I am a probable. My brain says if I am going to build a Bipe then make it a Tiggie or a Pitts. My heart tells me I have a 100% MB track record (I think I am the only remaining survivor) and I dont want to lose that unqualified status symbol.

But right now, I need a short break from buiulding so it wont be a 1/1 start for me.

Martyn

I've just realised why John keeps posting messages that just say "bump". Durr...

I've ordered the Skywriter plan, and I've just visited my LMS to restock my balsa supplies which were running a little low; was down to my last sheet of 1/16 (oh no!). I got stuff for the next item in my build queue (the KF3) and hopefully enough general purpose supplies that I won't have much more to get once I've seen the MB plan. Also got a Bearcat that got shelved mid last year, probably ought to resurrect that and see if I can finish it over the winter. So my Skywriter is, like Martyn, unlikely to be started on 1st Jan. Looking forward to a bit of fretwork though. I can listen along to Fretwork whilst doing it!

Glyn - threads with recent posts appear at the top of "recent forum posts" and therefore attract attention.... so my guess is John keeps "bumping" these so that they appear at the top of the list.

...and my apologies, I've just realised I posted my status report in the signup thread not the chat thread, hence stimulating some chat in the wrong thread. Perhaps I could ask a moderator nicely to tidy things up a bit so we keep the signup thread just for signups... thanks!

I would like to get to Greenacres this year. It is another 60 miles extra from here, in the sticks.

Will I join the mass build, well that is debatable. It is dependant on the will and the model selected.

The event presents the opportunity to discuss with other modellers aspects of the hobby that are not understood by me. The first is my canards performance and characteristics. The side to side rocking, its ability to climb like an angel, yet fly very slowly, yet inverted flight is a constant input fest. My TH Clean sweep, auto stable as a "V" tail, with no directional control during take off, now with a "T" tail, a bit of a pest once flying, yet take offd re straight as a die.

Yep, i hope to go.

Having voted for it I think it would be bad form for me not to build one! Parts ordered today as an xmas pressie. Mind you I cannot promise a 1st Jan start date; I would have to run it in parallel with my Ballerina build, the latter being a kind of re- packaged design variation using a Stepcraft cnc cutter to prepare the parts. I must have the most expensive set of wing ribs per mm of wingspan!

It is a hobby Trevor! So it is allowed to cost money! I am sure you have had more joy cutting out the ribs using a CNC cutter compared to me using a knife and sanding block! (although that was not bad either).

Finish the Ballerina. I have maidened it a week ago and it is a joy to look at and to fly.

Lucas

• 1 month later...

If anyone intends buying the laser cut kit, please read my notes added to the build blog - the fuselage sides and doublers had been cut wrong due to incorrect markings on the plan. I have informed Slec who do the cutting and send out the packs and they will now correct these errors (which, as said, were not their fault). As me how I know.

I am not entering the MB as I am building only for my own enjoyment and it is anyone's guess whether I will ever complete it (I am in my 80s).

Derek.

Derek, is there anybody here who is not building for his own enjoyment?

Let us hear how you go along. There are not that many Skywriters being build so I would very much appreciate an update now and then. If you do not fancy creating your own build thread, post a status now and then in the chat thread (http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/postings.asp?th=121947&p=11).

Building gives health and piece of mind, so you may have a good chance of finishing your Skywriter!

Regards, Lucas