Martin's Skywriter, aliitle late but....

Martin Dance 1

I think there has only been one rear end failure, perhaps because we have all been extra cautious but I suspect it was probably down to the sides having been too hard a balsa for some reason.

Acquired the threaded inserts you mentioned. I think I will use them for the strut attachments as well as the cabane struts. They look very neet.

Tim

Posted by Martin Dance 1 on 22/02/2017 13:28:57:

By the way Lucas how did you form your tips? I toyed with laminating but decided against it. I seem to have a bit of an issue at the trailing edge/aileron interface trying to ensure there is enough material to produce a flat surface to line up with the aileron.

Sorry for the late reply Martin, I must have missed this post. I made the tips like you made the leading edge of the hor. stabilizer. Look at the pictures on the Gentle Curves thread for how these are fixed. The whole thing has become very solid.

Lucas

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted lately, the garden and allotment are begging for and getting attention! However progress does continue. Yesterday saw the front of the fuselage complete, had to enlarge the opening in order to slot the motor in. I'm using a RipMax Quantum 40 which should prove adequate on 4S if not 5S! Still to do on the fuselage is the lower wing location and U/C mounting and the wing bolt support.

fuselage complete1.jpg

fuselage complete 2.jpg

Just noticed the dreadful clutter at the end of my shed! And before you ask the foamy is a Polaris a depron creation which has to be the most fun per £ ever. The next photo shows the Port side aileron servo in place also visible is the ASI pitot.

aileron servo port side.jpg

Finally for today the photo shows the hard points I've installed for the cabane attachment. underneath them is the as designed cabane support pieces with the M3 inserts in them. Hopefully the hard points which are glued to the underlying structure will stop the inserts from being pulled out in normal use.

top wing hard points.jpg

All for now

Edited By Martin Dance 1 on 26/03/2017 12:18:49