DB Cirrus Moth build

Thanks Geoff,

The problem is that one of the fixings has popped, probably not glued properly by me, I have used split pins pushed and glued into the interplane struts, top and bottom with the top held as you say with wires and bands.

I left mine rigged and it fitted in the back of my van in one piece for the journey home.

I'm looking forward to seeing your build, and rest assured they fly Great.

D.D.

• 4 years later...
On 04/03/2017 at 19:28, Dwain Dibley. said:

I left the bearers in purely for their weight , of course they do beef up the front also, and I have used them to build my motor mount on.

You will not be disappointed with the quality of the kit, both wood and fit are excellent.

I am finally cracking on with my Moth and have found your build very helpful Dwain, was interested in the above quote, my kit looks like an original Boddington one by the box it is in and the fit of some of the parts is poor and requires quite a bit of remedial work to make good. Main area at the moment is the wing saddle and the holes for the wing mounting dowels being too low. I am sure the modern laser cut kits are like Rolls Royce`s compared to this one! It will still look great and fly well when finished but balsa kits have come a long way since this one was produced.........