Storch - What happened?

Fredrum

I'm sitting here looking at my December 2016 issue (we get them a bit later here) and on the Next Issue page it says:

Free Pro Plan - Feisler Storch

To kick off 2017 and spread across a big bumper 2-sheet plan we'll bring you Chris Golds' latest design in the form of this 132" span version of the famous STOL aircraft

I must say I was pretty excited about this and was keen to see it was feasible to be my next major project. I picked up my January 2017 issue this morning and found that there is a free plan for Vamoose and Bambina, but no mention of the Storch. Does anyone know what happened here and if we will see this plan in a future issue?

I've searched the forums and can't find any mention of it there either.

I would have thought that the 'free' bit was always a misprint. a freebee 132" span plan would be a first! I'm quite a fan of Mr Golds, he has produced some good looking models, despite him saying that he aims for 'cartoon scale'

The Storch looks very good except for the undercarriage which doesn't have that long legged look when there's no weight on it. His recent Twin Pin' looked lovely

Lorenz: I'm thinking the same way.

Stu: I don't think it was a misprint. In December they said the free plans for Jan were going to be the Storch and Bambina. It appears that the Storch was substituted with Vamoose. Vamoose wasn't mentioned in the Dec issue. The Storch doesn't seem to be mentioned in the Jan issue at all

Tom: They used to do larger models in Aviation Modeller International as well. They would strap them to the outside. I have plans for an 84" Tupelov TU 142 and a C130 Hercules.

Posted by Fredrum on 09/03/2017 08:32:03:

Thanks Kevin; mystery solved. I'm assuming you're talking about the Feb issue. I won't see that until next month.

I don't suppose it would be feasible to spread it over a couple of issues? They could sell twice as many mags

No it was in the March 2017 editorial.

In another thread I also said that the plan spread over several issue's could be a solution. Indeed i think it has already been done.

Kev

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 09/03/2017 19:35:19:

I used to take the German Magazine Auf Wind, they did big models, with plans over two issues

I subscribed to that one for years. There never was a free plan with Aufwind. Plenty of articles about plans built gliders, even a competition once, but the plans you had to buy afterwards.

AFAIK the only german magazine featuring free plans is FMT. They regularly do spread bigger plans onto two issues. Single issues plans tend to be smallish as in RCM&E.

Lorenz

Edited By Lorenz Mueller on 10/03/2017 13:12:49

• 1 month later...

Hi all, (especially the Editor), I too was among the groupies who were prepared to drop everything and start building my 132" free plan Storch. My disappointment was noticed by others, it was almost like a 'mourning' process . . .

SO, rather than just complain I have decided to ask if there is any way for RCM&E to honour that (rather rash promise - as it turned out) and allow a "Free Download" to ALL paper subscribers? I'm sure the downloads could be managed by using our subscriber number and only allow one copy per code. That way we print the plan (pdf) ourselves, it can be provided as large as is needed, and would only cost the mag the setup of the download page.

What do you think David? Is it feasable?

Anyone else like that idea?

Best wishes, and hoping to download sometime this year . . . .

Phillip C

NZ

Home of the Rugby World Cub he he he AGAIN!

Posted by Robert Armstrong 2 on 12/04/2017 13:40:17:

We can tell you are from 'down under' as you got the 'p' in 'Cup' the wrong way up. Or are you just taking the biss?

"Well done that man", fat fingers, low light and tired eyes obviously contributed to the poor spelling . . but the message still got through. wink 2.

Now I just need David to read my message and hopefully get a reply.

Cheers

Phillip C

NZ

STILL Home of the Rugby World Cup