How many plan-built models have you made or started in the last year?

1) A4 Skyhawk (PSS mass build). Airframe completed and radio installed but not covered with film yet. blush

2) 'Alley Cat' by Peter Miller, with OS 30 FS. Progress, as above!

3) 'Holly' by Derek Woodward. Leccy conversion for 3s 2200mAh LiPo. Wing complete but not Fuselage.

I like to have several models 'in-build' and switch between projects so I don't get bored, eventually one gets finished- that is the theory!

I am not going to start another project until I get the Skyhawk completed and flown but, the Peter Russell's 362 Delta in this months mag is very tempting....devil

I've built and flown my "Wiggo", I've built the fuselages for a "Woodys Pusher" and a "Das Ghosten Flugboot". They are all scratchbuilt from RCM&E plans or from Outerzone.

I'm working on the wings for the Flugboot and the Woodys Pusher, but I want ailerons and a different mounting system so it is taking a bit longer.

Only last year's Ballerina from plans, plus 2 kit builds and 4 1/2 ARTFs. Unfortunately I'm not decimating them at the same rate so the house is getting overrun with the things laugh. Garden sale?

Plan - Ballerina

Kit - Mini Stik, Fugly

ARTFs - Wot'sWot XL, FW Ta152, P47, P56 Provost and halfway through a standard size Wot'sWot

Interesting poll, but I think the result is likely to be skewed by the disproportionate number of builders who post threads here; not a criticism, just something to be remembered when interpreting the results.

Edited By MattyB on 24/04/2017 16:10:01

Mini Barnstormer, one I can't recall the name, fliu, SPAD x 2, Wren, own design Italian Warbird fun-fly (still working on it), 2 x trainers and a top secret project I'm not allowed to talk about !

Apart from that 3 kits, a couple of foamies and then there are the "restoration / repair" jobs.

I like building. laugh

Retirement is going to be fun !!!

None but there is potential in my wardrobe, a KK Caprice, and Mercury control liner that need building. In my loft there is a Veron Mini Concord and two Chris Olsen built planes waiting for works amongst the 30 odd other models, which include two Junior 60's, one KK Falcon and a Mercury Matador plus Chris Olsen's last Uproar all built from plans.

Rather than build from plans I have an untouched Weston Velocity 52, a Flair SE5A and repaired Super Air and Middle phase 2 that have yet to fly.

Just the one in progress - an o/d Civilian Coupe.

It might be interesting to ask how many builds have actually reached completion in the last year. I know of quite a few modellers who routinely start a new project, only for it to lay around unfinished when a new design attracts their attention.

Tim

img_1639 small.jpg

None ! I'm too lazy to build from a plan these days but I have built a Veron Cardinal from a kit within the last year and am in the process of building a Baron 1914 also from a kit.

veron cardinal build (5).jpg

The last model I built from a plan was a Chris Olsen "Uproar." I have never managed to get the model to fly successfully. The last attempt resulted in the model taking off, turning downwind then plunging into the ground breaking the wing. Wing or tail incidence wrong? C/g too far forward with that long nose? If so should I add weight to the rear or shorten the nose? I need to build a wing at the very least.

nearly there. (1).jpg

I plan to maiden the Cardinal this week.