Who Else Wants a 63" Lavochkin La7 kit?

jrman

Just received the kit the other day Thanks Richard! Looks marvellous and excellent quality with a very nice glass cowl and lots of bits. I am definitely more of a practical sports flyer than a scale perfectionist so I will be build it for maximum durability and stand off looks rather than trying to add all the panels and riveting etc . can't wait to get stuck in 😊

Posted by Timothy Harris 1 on 04/08/2017 10:50:25:

....I am definitely more of a practical sports flyer than a scale perfectionist so I will be build it for maximum durability and stand off looks rather than trying to add all the panels and riveting etc ....

You and me too. It helps that there's a lack of panel lines and rivets on the prototype, just the odd inspection panel.

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 04/08/2017 14:56:45:

You and me too. It helps that there's a lack of panel lines and rivets on the prototype, just the odd inspection panel.

One of the plus sides of a wooden aeroplane! For those interested I have a very good book on the development of the La5 from the Lagg3. The La7 was then a refined La5 a little later on. The book details a great deal of the structure, as well as its history, paint jobs as well as a boat load of technical info.

I have a paper copy and pdf I can send to folk who might want it. Beware though its 65megs so might not email.

Received my LA7 yesterday when "jrman" dropped it off to my home. 4 of our club members including me have all got them now to build.

I'll be taking my time as I have at least 3 other models in front of this one. Need to do some research as well so I may well reach out to you guys for some of the material you all appear to have already accumulated.

Who is doing the first build thread?

Carl....

I took the first step and bought a book! "Lavockin La7" by Milos Vestsik, a bit over a tenner off Amazon. Luckily it has an English translation alongside the author's native Czech narrative. Lot's of photos and detail sketches.

I have no idea how it will fit in my current queue of kits - Platt FW190, P40, Bristol M1, Mercury Galahad, Modelhob Der Jager, it all depends how the mood takes me once this damn cast is off my arm devil

All of the chaps on the list should have either had their La7s or be about to get them via UPS .

I am pretty sure I have catered for everyone .

I did a "bakers Dozen " (13) and two of the three reserves have already been snapped up leaving me with one spare .

If there is anyone lurking behind the stage curtain wishing they had climbed on the La7 train, but perhaps too frightened to confront the missus , then this is the time to man up .

Speak now or forever hold your .....etc .