Mustang p51d

Martian

Your doing a nice job happy face ,as far as mine was concerned there were to many details off scale to try to correct it I understand it's a good flyer that looks good in the air i did consider the tailwheel position but as Percy says or infers its not worth it , keep going happy face it's whatever makes you happy ☺

Thanks for all of your comments, I've been thinking about the servo wiring and what a pain it would be when the wings are joined and covered. Did you use extensions and y lead or seperate channels for the ailerons, or maybe hard wired extensions to limit the number of connections?

• 1 month later...

I've had mine on the wattmeter today and it's pulling just shy of 62a, 1390w and 21v with the 12.8 x 8.5, 4 blade varioprop, so no shortage of oomph!

Overkill maybe, but it's easier to throttle back then get more than maximum 😉

5.5kg static thrust WOT rtf auw is 2.6kg.

Expecting flight times of 8-9 minutes with the reduced/ managed throttle.

Thanks martian, I am quite pleased with the result, a little disappointed with the yellow (different shades on cowl/covering) even though I used the same base colour.

Still working out how to get the inner gear doors fitted and working, I have a very positive idea that will keep me out of the house and in the garage for a little longer.

Time to enjoy its presence in the air now 😊

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys, I have just built one of the sfm Mustang kits and thoroughly enjoyed it so far, But i have a slight problem, i have lost the plans somehow and i am trying to get the thing balanced ready for flying, could any one tell me how far back from the leading edge the Cof G is please. Any help is much appreciated. Regards Andy