Lidl XL Glider

You got 5 !

I got 3, was an interesting ride home on the m/cycle...

Lidl had about 20 in stock at about 10:30 yesterday in Porthmadoc.

Tesco was packed, far toooooo many people inside, some without masks....they were not all locals, so expect local covid to spike in a couple of weeks, Indian varient.

9 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

You got 5 !

I got 3, was an interesting ride home on the m/cycle...

Yes,

When I was stood in the que with five of them tucked under my arms, I also got a strange look from the Guy in front of me.

I turned to him and said I am taking the kids to the park and just smiled although I doubt he saw that through my mask. ?

He then asked where I got them to which I replied there are loads of them in the centre aisle He promptly went and got one ?

Steve ?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Guys,

To be fair it was a bit bustery as you can hear the guys chatting about.

The beauty of these Lidl gliders they are all about having a bit of fun and experimenting with and they glue back together so easily. 

Take some glue or a portable hot melt gun with you and the Fun can continue. I glued that one back together with UHU Por and was flying within 10 minutes. ?

I also flew my Lidl Autogyro then my Auto-G I have to say my Lidl Autogyro flies better than the HobbKing Auto-G. I am so pleased with it.

Cheers Steve.

Nice one David,?

Look forward to seeing it flying.

The new version should fly better than the old version due to the thinner trailing edge.

Pitcherons work well on this model and are not that complicated to set up and milling a groove into the wing is the easiest way to get the rods in as you have done.?

I have more creations to come ?

Thanks for sharing with us. ?

Steve.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

That's a bit good Steve, Impressed. ?

Thanks John ?

Phil G was also impressed by it and now also wants to build one in fact this one has caught the attention of possible one of the biggest you-tubers in Australia.

none other that Andrew Newton he even gives me a mention and direct viewers to my video.?

Steve ?

• Like 2

Done !!!  ?

Only took a couple of hours! inserted a 6mm carbon strip spar, used Correx for the elevons. A single 18650 cell seems to balance it about right without noseweight. Might make a lidl-themed mini-radio for it:

lidl_wing.jpg

Edited by Phil Green
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Phil Green said:

Done !!!  ?

Only took a couple of hours! inserted a 6mm carbon strip spar, used Correx for the elevons. A single 18650 cell seems to balance it about right without noseweight. Might make a lidl-themed mini-radio for it:

lidl_wing.jpg

Looks Great Phil ?

Did you cut the wing tips then glue them flat ? using a single 18650 cell seems like a good idea.

We shall have to get together again and race them together . 

Steve.

Hi Steve yes tips are cut'n'shut with por, with a 6mm carbon strip inserted full span. Waiting for these easterlies to swing around ?

The 18650 fits nicely forward, and more rugged than a lipo cell. Most of my stuff runs directly from a 1S ?

Still needs a switch tho, job for today if I can find one.

I hope these gliders come around again so others can join in, they're so much fun for so LIDL expense ?

Cheese

Pies

Edited by Phil Green