Lidl XL Glider

Wow Soren,

That is very good, i have never seen wings done like that before and it works great too.

A much simpler conversion to do thumbs up

I too have some questions;

Same as Chris,

how do you keep the wings on the rods i guess the black tape around the wings is hiding a hole question.

Also what is you're flying weight and where is the Cog.

You are of coarse a great flyer you handle the model so well.

Cheers for sharing,

Steve

At the end of the Carbon tube there is a hole on the underside of the wing, and the 4 mm carbonrod is 10 mm longer than the tube, so I just put on a rubber packing (o ring in Danish) and gave it a drop og cyano glue smiley

The CG and weight will come after some more trim flying, the CG was too much forward yesterday due to the 150 gram extra ballast.

The wind should be good later today.

S

• Like 1

Ok,

I have managed to do some more work on this Lidl one,

The elevator servo is mounted flat,

servo.jpg

And the receiver is recessed behind the cockpit with the aerial pocking out the top for no reason other than it looks good.

radio.jpg

A 2s Lipo sits on top with plenty of room for the servo arm to move and a Bec sits in the cockpit.

I have to find some magnets or some other method to secure the hatch and then she will be ready to go.

complete.jpg

I did end up putting a carbon rod down the tail as it would flex while operating the Elevator.

side.jpg

I found it best to clean the foam with mentholated spirits so that the tape and stickers would stick.

Steve

Great Video Soren,

Great flying too ,

I went to my local Lidl today and they still had four left so i bought one more its the same color as yours,

I doubt i will be able to fly it as well as you though embarrassed.

They have not dropped the price though i thought they might , anyway they still have 3 left at the chadderton branch if any is still interested and can get to chadderton Oldham.

Steve