UKCAA visit to Retford MFC

Steve Dunning

With Sunday fast approaching I thought I would post a little reminder to people that the annual visit to Retford MFC is this weekend.

As usual there will be a barbecue to burn your own food on, hot drinks available all day and the usual friendly atmosphere.

As per last year, visitors should drop their equipment off near the container and then park at the bottom of the driveway (off the grass please) and that will allow members to park as normal.

Please bring along your BMFA insurance certificate.

Attending so far we have:

Steve Dunning Martyn Kinder Adam Collins

Chris Anderson Shelley Redworth Tony Bloomfield

Kelvyn Petrie

If others would like to put their names below so we have an idea of numbers that would be ideal.

See you on Sunday.

Steve

PS Sunday is looking fine with a high of 22 deg, 14mph max wind speed and only a 20% chance of rain. Looks good

Another superb day. Weather started cool and cloudy and a little breezy but improved as the day went on so we got wall to wall sunshine by mid afternoon. Add that to a free BBQ, free tea and coffee and one of the best flying fields in the country, you could not wish for better. With 30 classic airframes being flown (I think we had 15 members turn up for the event). Many thanks to Retford MFC for hosting this event once again.

No contest this time, but we did have a draw for the "Pilots pilot" and 'Best turned out model'. Sam Wragg won the flying award and Shelley Redworth won the concours event.

Some photos

pict2792.jpg

Shelley's recently restored Chevron

pict2794.jpg

Minty - a member of the breakaway 'Team Bullet' sub culture.

pict2796.jpg

pict2800.jpg

pict2804.jpg

pict2809.jpg

pict2816.jpg

A bit blurred sorry. Adams Super Lightening

pict2823.jpg

pict2841.jpg

Sam and Shelley - prize winners

pict2838.jpg

Not a bad turn out at all..

As someone said about our events on Facebook

"I think what makes these events special, is the great friendship between everybody"

If you fancy coming along to fly or to watch you would be very welcome.

Next event is at Watford on the 13th August..