Peggy Sue 2

Posted by Peter Miller on 08/03/2018 08:20:54:

Funny that. I am just building my fifth Super 60 since 1963, all different in various ways

Edited By Peter Miller on 08/03/2018 08:21:37

Now you're making me feel guilty for not starting another S60 Peter. Especially since I already have the fuselage framework and a servicable wing!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that Peggy Sue 2. I have a load of kits ready to build and now PM goes and publishes that horrible model (I'm trying to convince myself) that I really won't(?) build. Or will I?

Seriously, I'm tempted. I even took the staples out from my mag so I could study the drawing. Mine would be electric but high wingers (and biplanes for that matter) make my usual battery access method via a top hatch (including the cockpit in the case of my Ballerina) more difficult. I do prefer slightly larger models (1.5metre/60" ish) but I like the shape.

Really another winner from the prolific Peter Miller.

Geoff

Yes, my Ballerina is electric too, again, battery through a removable top hatch. The PS-2 will also be electric. Not got round to studying the plan yet.

Would be interesting to see someone who has done an electric conversion. Currently building another Lyra, 1990's bi-plane plan. Had one for years and really liked it, cannot remember what hapend to it!

Brian

There is a little confusion but I also measured it and it IS my ideal 58" span I have 2x 58" span wings on my bench right now for my DB Cirrus/Gypsy Moth and it's a good size IMO. Like Goldilock's porridge not too big not too small.

No further comment needed.

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

It seems a long time since any one posted any building news about PS2, I am about 3/4 way through the build on my plane , which is electric powered,the only mods to convert to electric being to move F1 forward about 25 mm,this dim. depends on the length of your motor, I usually have to lengthen the nose to get the plane to balance, but with PS2 i was surprised to see that on initial trial balancing she was turning out nose heavy, moving the rudder and elevator servos slightly rearwards cured this, you can cut a battery hatch just in front of the windscreen forward to the new position of F1, then if you deepen the cut out in F2 you can slide a 4S 5000 battery down into the fus, I was not certain how to hinge the ailerons but eventually went for fully radiussing the LE of the aileron and used knuckle hinges burried into the aileron works a treat.

Thanks Peter, just ordered the covering from H.K. managed to fit the 2 servos for the elev. and rudder yesterday, only the u/c to sort and the cowel to form and we should be away,I think maybe by the weekend after this should see it ready for first flight, a fellow member of my club is also building an PS2 but using a 4 stroke I/C so we can compare the different forms of power, as I us 4s 5000 batteries the duration should be approx. the same - will keep you posted regards geoff.