Pacemaker

In the 80's living in Europe i used to fly a Pacemaker pattern plane, i sold it when we moved to Canada. I am going for knee surgery this winter and will be off work for a while it would be the perfect time to build another one.

Anyone would still happen to have a set of plans for this plane? I would be glad to pay for a copy or a pdf file if available. Thank you for your help or a lead where i could obtain one.

Phil

PM me for my email address

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 18/08/2017 08:31:07

On your posting in RCgroups you said it's a Ken Binks plan. Changing the heading to that might produce a result.

The Pacemaker plan was once listed as an Xlist plan as  plan number RC509 which seem to indicate an RCME plan.  Therefore it should be amongst the Xlist plans that Traplet took over from RCME etc.

The replies you had did not give the proper info about Traplet. Traplet are in administration and the plans section are expected to be available from Sarik Hobbies sometime soon. So if it was a Radio Modeller or RCME or Xlist  plan it should eventually be available.    The thread about Sarik is here

Edited By kc on 18/08/2017 10:26:42

Edited By kc on 18/08/2017 10:27:32

Info on another site says that plan number is wrong and that the plan was only available from Ken Binks himself.    There is a bit about this model here

The info in that website suggests the Pacemaker was an enlarged Crescent Tornado.  A kit of the Tornado seems to be availble from Cloud Models if that is of any interest.

It does not seem to be on the UKCAA plans list but many other similar models are

Edited By kc on 19/08/2017 17:45:20

Edited By kc on 19/08/2017 17:59:37

Phil

Ken has been retired from competitive flying and more into model yachts for some years now. It might be worthwhile contacting the Hastings or Eastbourne MFC's and asking if any of their members might be able to help as he belonged to both clubs for some years. One thing I can say for sure is that the Pacemaker is not based on the Crescent Tornado.

• 1 year later...

I appreciate this is resurrecting an old thread, however incase anyone comes looking for the plan based on the thread title, it may be relevant. I spoke with Ken today on a different matter and he informed me although no longer flying, he still has the master plans for his planes and can supply copies at cost.