Martin`s Hawk

Thanks, depends on when I get the nose moulding done and how it fast taxis on wet grass. May have to wait until the spring but I hope not. Considering the idea of getting an 8S fan since I already have the much lighter batteries for one. Could lose 1lb by doing that but the extra cost is niggling me.

If anyone wishes to lend me an uncut ABS nose cone I can take a mould and return it undamaged!

• 1 month later...

Hi Geoff, I asked that question also and got no response. I would need to reconnect the card and try scrolling through but am a bit reluctant in case I change anything.

What I did was to google it and found a video easily enough showing how to prog. one for an EDF. Let me know if you find it or not. There are not too many settings to change.

I have two YEP 100A as replacements in my Mossie when I get round to repairing it and will need to set these up when I get connectors soldered on. Just finishing re installing the gear in my newly repaired Lanc. and the Mossie will be on the bench next so will probably look at the YEP`s first.

Seasons greetings, Martin

The only Video I could find relating to EDF's was this one

I am not sure how he manages to get two settings selected for the 'cut off type' option.

Also I have noticed that if I switch off and back on, is does not show any of the settings (if you want to check them). I think this is because the YEP 120 has no BEC. Has anyone else noticed this?

yep.jpg

Hi Geoff, Another video followed this one and is a little better. Got nowhere with a 100A until I realised that I should have used 4S for testing instead of the 3S I was trying with, so here are my settings which work.

Page 1

Timing - none

Brake - off

Cut off - slow down + lipo

c/o voltage - 2.5-3.2

Cells - 4

Spec func - stop - 100m/s, full - 200m/s (low and high throttle, I used a servo tester) Auto timing.

Page 2

Free W on, gov off

P gain - none

I gain - none

Start up speed - plane fast

Freq - 8kHz

Start up power - auto

Just set the cell count to whatever you are using and press enter after each change. I can now re power and scroll through the settings.

Martin

• 4 months later...
Posted by Martin McIntosh on 05/05/2018 20:31:15:

Took my version of the Hawk to the field today for taxiing trials. The grass was cut short yesterday but lots of cuttings left on and the ground underneath is still quite soft. Anyway, with those small wheels there was no way that it was ever going to reach take off speed assuming that the fan was running at maximum. One of the wheels actually fell off when taking the model apart because a grub screw came loose. The model was also leaning to one side due to an oleo leg sticking up. Easily fixed but this does not bode good for even a pristine grass field. I need some tarmac.

Wish that I could transfer this post to my own Hawk build blog but don`t know how to do it.

Edited By Martin McIntosh on 05/05/2018 20:34:04

• 2 years later...