Did you start with ARTF and move to building from kits or vice versa?

1960's for me.......the nearest thing to artf was a 1/6p(7p) bundle of sticks(balsa)from the local DIY shop in the town centre...and an old razor blade+tube of balsa cement ... 

PS...... I haven't voted as you need a category....started with plans then went on to kits and  ARTF..... 

ken Anderson...ne...1..... happy days dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 12/10/2017 15:49:10

I dont fit any of the voting options. Started with kits then a couple of veneered foam wing kits (almost ARTF) then mostly plans with a couple of modern ARTFs along the way. I bet there are a lot of others like me too. Can we have an option that just says "Started with kits then on to everything else"?

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 12/10/2017 15:32:15:

What about those that started with Kits/Plans and moved to ARTF, at least as part of the mix? Mmmm?

BEB

Me too. I started in the early 90s when I had to give up sailing because of injury. I built a Precedent Electrafly after I tried full-size gliding on a week's course at Camp Hill in Derbyshire. Then built a power trainer and started to learn to fly RC - I'm still learning to fly, buying the odd foamie and building from kits and plans.

Geoff

Posted by Don Fry on 12/10/2017 16:04:36:

Sorry, can't vote, like all the other elderly moaners, no catagory.

.......................................................................................................................

no elderly moaner here Don...merely pointing out to young Beth we could do with another option..... no time to moan I'm afraid..... thumbs up

ken Anderson...ne.....1.... category reqd dept..

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 12/10/2017 17:05:28:

Rubber powered kit's, then control-line kits and plans, now RC kits, plans and ARTF. I doubt I could turn round fast enough for c/l these days!

Rubber, luxury. And speak for yourself Ken. I am getting myself worked up to give a bloke i pay every month, to ask what he does.

Edited By Don Fry on 12/10/2017 17:28:06

Posted by Don Fry on 12/10/2017 17:25:00:
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 12/10/2017 17:05:28:

Rubber powered kit's, then control-line kits and plans, now RC kits, plans and ARTF. I doubt I could turn round fast enough for c/l these days!

Rubber, luxury. And speak for yourself Ken. I am getting myself worked up to give a bloke i pay every month, to ask what he does.

Edited By Don Fry on 12/10/2017 17:28:06

No choice back then, you had to buy whatever was in stock in the local toy shop - or at least Mom had to buy it! Frog 'Junior' series iirc.