Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 20/10/2017 23:42:45:

Where? Where? (details, details per-lease)

I'm torn between Adolf Galland's Emil and Hans-Joachim Marseille's Gustav

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 20/10/2017 23:44:44

Before you get torn between you need to add your name to the list.... don't want to miss the chance of one eh?wink

Posted by Paul Johnson 4 on 21/10/2017 06:40:24:

Who's got deeeeep pockets... link

DD if we go half each?

Gee Whiz................One can but dream....crying

Paulo, did you ever have a job selling Kirbys. ???? devil

Anyway.........I have at last got room on the bench...........well............once the box containing my trusty Hirobo Shuttle has been posted off to Dorset. B.T.W. Thanks for the boxes Richard...wink

Plus the back door locking mech is fixed, blasted thing fell to bits yesterday just as I was leaving for work on the old Bicycle.............I had a good sweat on before I had even turned a peddle.

So...........Nothing between me and a box of beautiful bits of Balsa, and veneer covered foam.

All I can tell you so far is that it smells nice.........!!

There are various bits of Extruded or I should say vacuum formed plastic, which give a range of options for whichever variant you want to choose.

I will get it all uncovered later and show you what is in there.

D.D.

Put me down for one as well please although I seem to be more of a Warbird Replicas kit collector than a builder at the moment. I will get the wife's job list done, as promised in a moment of weakness. Not a really high priority I know.

Similar to DD, I have to rebuild my PC first and at least show willing on some house jobs. Complete three of the half finished current builds and then ..... make a start! smile o

Yes Tom , fascinating stuff . Easy in hindsight to criticise the 109's undercarriage geometry . But at the time of design any form retractable undercarriage was a leap forward . Combine that with the designer being from the world of gliders and you can see why the reluctance to put gear or mounts in a thin wing .

The ability to wheel it around without wings was also a major positive , especially if you wanted to put one on a train .

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 22/10/2017 20:22:41:

Yes Tom , fascinating stuff . Easy in hindsight to criticise the 109's undercarriage geometry . But at the time of design any form retractable undercarriage was a leap forward . Combine that with the designer being from the world of gliders and you can see why the reluctance to put gear or mounts in a thin wing .

The ability to wheel it around without wings was also a major positive , especially if you wanted to put one on a train .

Why? Did they evacuate them to an Aunt in Leeds? 😈🤣😂😜

Posted by Nigel Dell on 22/10/2017 21:36:02:
Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 22/10/2017 20:22:41:

Why? Did they evacuate them to an Aunt in Leeds? 😈🤣😂😜

No... it was pilot 'training' of course.....