Warbird Replicas Bf 109 club.

Posted by RICHARD WILLS on 22/10/2017 21:51:48:

No Nigel , that wasnt it at all . sad

Fatty Goering had blown the Luftwaffe Budget on Cocaine and camp uniforms . So he figured that rather than fill the 109s with expensive aviation fuel , he could send them to England on a cheap day return after 9am .

Well Richard that is just stupid! Did he not know it would be another 70 years until the channel tunnel would be open?😜

You have to get yer priorities right Mate.

It's half term at work this week so things are a bit upside down re my shifts but I may be able to document a few bits n bobs re the 109.

So far I have mocked up the fuz sides and checked the fit of the foam skin, it looks good .

The wings are cut for ailerons and the retract wells and servo box holes are pre cut too.

I will start with the tail feathers once I start building.

Yes, they are FMS retracts Ron.

D.D.

Edited By Dwain Dibley. on 23/10/2017 23:38:58

Well I know D.D. is busy and I'm busting a gut here so.... the cats out of the bag... guess where the second prototype is.....smileysmiley.

This is a corker of a kit. even for a prototype that will need a few minor tweaks before you guys get yur sticky mitts on one.

The fuselage is 3 piece foam veneered with a central ply crutch so build time should be super quick.

20171029_100520.jpg

20171029_081937.jpg

I bet D.D. finishes his by the time I finish typing cheeky..

The tail is very much a Wills warbird standard, I tried a dry run to see what's what and it became a wet run and a nearly completed tail in a day. AND that was using aliphatic glue not super glue!

20171029_082723.jpg

The motor mount is the same as before with an adjustable plate for differing motor lengths.

The foam wing is a work of art with all the hard work taken out for you... the wheel wells at pre-cut and the servo holes machined out!

20171029_095514.jpg

There is even vacuum formed wheel wells in to make life easier......

Nice clear canopy and the choice of either an E model or G..

You can tell from my pictures earlier mine's gonna be a G.

More soon so stay tuned....

Well done Paulo, Not known for your patience then ?????? laughcheeky

Ditto what you said tho, it is a very clever bit of kit, and will be a very quick build for those that follow us.

My fuz is dry built, and a likkle niggle sorted, but life getting in the way at the moment.frown

I will be getting stuck in hopefully, towards the end of next week, after the college open days on Fri and Sat.

D.D.

Yes , I supplied the retracts , They are hard to get sometimes .

I have squiirelled away a few sets and will get some more when I have a rough idea how many 109s will be required .

Same goes for spinners . I dont like leaving people with "half the story ".

The 109s will be a one off batch ,as with the Ju88 and 110.

It all sounds a bit "Drama Queen" , but we really arent selling enough planes to stay in this business .

The production faclilites we use , have to earn their keep , so it's the world of model Railways for us.

Richard