Grumpy Tiger Cub by John.

Built as plan for me, electric version. Sports model finish or made to look military ? I don't know yet.

Probably need help with the choice of motor etc, all the lecky stuff I've built flys well but I'm always disappointed with the flight times, 10 minutes + would be nice.

First twin, so new for me, like the lines of it and the wing section, looks a good un. yes

Interesting comment John, I get 10 mins with my Skywriter set up using a 3300 mAh battery . I never fly to more than 80% capacity and it is generally more like 70% unless I tear round the sky a bit !

So my very limited experience with electric set up says go for the largest capacity battery you can fit .

Remains to be seen what endurance I get from the Tigercub but again I went for the biggest I could fit which was a 3700 mAh. Many will say that spending money on a premium battery is better value as they hold their voltage for longer and for same wattage requirement use less amps and therefore flight time is better.

That was certainly the advice I got from George at 4 max and I having got one of his LiPo’s I have not been dissapointed.

Tim

Posted by john stones 1 on 15/12/2017 17:07:06:

Daft question alert. wink

How do you do radio set up for twin lecky models ? Y lead for esc's or separate channels ?

Go for a separate channel if you have one on the receiver (and if you have the knowledge to program a mix on your transmitter). This gives you the following possibilities:

• ​compensate for any differences between the ESC's and motors (starting point, max RPM etc.)
  • turn off one motor and do a low pass with one propeller stopped (you have to program the ESC to stop the propeller so it will not freewheel)
  • Mix rudder to motors. Manouvrer on the ground like a full size does, i.e. pulling more with one motor pulling more then the other for turns.

Regards, Lucas

ps and indeed never use the BEC from 2 ESC's. Some with burn with "feeded" with another power source.

Edited By Lucas Hofman on 17/12/2017 10:01:39

• 3 weeks later...