Laser Engines - Technical questions

Jon H

I can confirm that I have recently got 3 different engines serviced by Jon & Laser engines (2 x 150s and 1 x 300V)

I don't know what this chap on facebook is talking about. Nor do I understand the intention to despise Laser Engines or the great service Laser engines is known about.

Edited by Artto Ilmanen

28 minutes ago, Jon - Laser Engines said:

So you both have chosen to ignore Neil's request that he not be contacted? If so that is pretty disgraceful. 

If it is anything engine related that is most unlikely.

Experience has proven that most of our customers struggle with installing and operating the V twins and this has gotten worse and worse over the years i have been here. The FT series was designed to be easier to install and easier to use in the current ARTF offerings most people now fly and they have been more or less trouble free since roll out. Consequently i generally recommend a flat over a V in most cases as it saves the customer the hassle of technical problems and it saves me the time of having to deal with it. As i cant keep the FT's in stock, and they are the model i would offer to most people, there is no point diverting limited resources to building the V's i wont sell. As always, the problem would be solved by just building more engines, but as i cant do that with the resources i have i will prioritise the flats for the time being. 

Spares and support are available for the V's in service though so i do not know what he's talking about there.  

Ive not passed on Neils phone number, hopefully your engines are better than your reading.🤣

You mean my reading of you promising to provide those details, and then the person you promised them to thanking you for it? Sort of implies the transaction was completed. You will also note my reply was phrased as a question, with a follow up that was dependent on the answer. Perhaps it is not my reading which needs attention. 

Lets chill a little... from reading, I understood the situation is that an old friend from the US wanted to reconnect with Neil, so thought to post on here. You quite correctly pointed out that he was no longer associated with the business and long since retired, but a fella responded saying send me YOUR details and he will pass it on to Neil, to see if he recognises him and then Neil himself can choose whether to pick up dialogue... I didnt read that Jason was looking to pass Neil's details, but pass the gentlemen's details on to Neil, I dont think there is much more in it than that really.. Take a step back and see it for what it is. 

• Like 2

I am sorry but i will not chill a little. 

It may or may not be the case here, but in this business people who have met you once consider themselves an 'old friend'. 

Also the method of exchange of the details does not matter. Being contacted directly or being handed a number with a note saying 'can you call this chap' is the same level of intrusion. I already spoke to Neil, asked if he wanted to get involved in this specific enquiry and others going forward. The answer was no on both counts, but for some reason that does not seem to be satisfactory. 

Neil is retired, no longer connected to the company, and has asked not to be contacted about anything. This is an extremely simple and fair request and i am honestly baffled by the fact that anyone is attempting to argue the point. Just do as you have been asked.