Bargain Boddington books!

kc

3 copies of David Boddington's excellent book on scale are on sale for a few pounds here on Amazon. Watch the prices escalate when somebody buys one of them! Supply and Demand !  ( they are £3.97including postage at 10am today -see the price change when 1 is sold!)

This book is excellent and now out of print I believe, so get a copy if you are interested in scale.

Edited By kc on 10/01/2018 09:58:58

Edited By kc on 10/01/2018 09:59:32

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously supply and demand and the actions of profiteers. But it's sad that it comes to this for such a great book. At least two of the three copies went to forum members, I wonder who bought the third cheap copy.....

Gordon Whiteheads even more useful book is still fetching high prices but if we ignoreit for a few months maybe some will appear at 1 penny and go to good homes.

Edited By kc on 29/01/2018 19:17:26

I 've collected most of the books mentioned over the years, and without doubt IMHO, Gordon's R/C Scale Models (for everyday flying) is the one to go for, for info and inspiration. Had my copy since the mid-eighties, it has stood the test of time and continues to get me out of many sticky building situations. DB's books are also an excellent read and I usually use the info from both authors together to solve problems.

Naturally the, w.w.w. has its place but sometimes I find that having a real book in front of you does focus the mind more so than simply clicking from one webpage to another.

Both Boddo and Gordon wrote some great books for us aeromodellers and they have stood the test of time pretty well. As far as Gordon's R/C Scale Models goes, I think it was his car boot sized designs of the 77-79 era that inspired my interest in scale (along with some of Boddo's designs for RCM&E across the similar period. Their books and designs really fuelled my interest in the hobby which I still have to this day.

onetenor. It is of course an out of print book so it would seem Martian bought the only reasonably priced one from USA when I mentioned it on 10th January.

There is one for 640 pounds though! One from UK for 24 pounds is available but seems a bit dear but if you really need one now it might be worth it, otherwise wait a while and constantly check Amazon for a low priced copy - soner or later a copy will come up for 1 penny plus 2.40 postage.

It's nice to know that forum members bought all the cheap copies!

Edited By kc on 30/01/2018 13:36:58

Posted by PatMc on 01/02/2018 15:54:22:

If anyone's interested Scale Model Airplanes by Boddington for around £2.50 + postage from Amazon. Dunno how it compares with his other scale model book.

I bought a copy for a couple of quid - it arrived yesterday but I haven't had chance to read it yet but it looks OK and seems typical content of the series