PSSA visit to the Avro Heritage Museum

Phil Cooke

Just a word of warning about getting there.

On the How to get here on the website the map on the bottom of the page shows a postcode of SK7 1AG, that will take you on a narrow single track road to the Avro Golf Club on the wrong side of the airfield fence from which there is no access to the Museum. Ask us how we found out........ The Golf Club told us that seemingly everyone tries to go that way, we certainly weren't the only ones that day.

Further up the page it quotes SK7 1QR and putting that in Google Maps shows that is the correct entrance from which you follow the peri track around to the Museum. I'd suggest a quick look on Google Maps satellite view before departure, to get your orientation, would be worthwhile.

I've pre-booked the 7 food orders that have come through so far with the Butley Ash.
We are currently 13 for lunch, and I'm getting really hungry now just thinking about it!

I've not asked whether they have a spare table for us to build our Hurricanes on, that might be pushing it a bit.
Although the beer garden does have some hefty benches...

Posted by Bob Jennings 1 on 09/03/2018 14:14:23:

I've pre-booked the 7 food orders that have come through so far with the Butley Ash.
We are currently 13 for lunch, and I'm getting really hungry now just thinking about it!

I've not asked whether they have a spare table for us to build our Hurricanes on, that might be pushing it a bit.
Although the beer garden does have some hefty benches...

check your message Bob lol. Did message you yesterday, but you've not read it.

Cheers

Ade

A great PSSA day out today! - a big thanks to everyone who travelled - great to catch up with you all before the flying season starts again in April! Just going through my photos from the day now, Ill post a few more tonight - do please share your photos here too!

Huge thanks again to our tour guide Steve Abbot, a superb host, and to Phil Beard for helping coordinate that special arrangement for a weekend visit - much appreciated gents!!

editimg_8693.jpg

Great to see XM603 looking so resplendent in her new paint!