Canberra by Andy Blackburn PSS

Peter Garsden

Thanks for all your comments. I was a little eager to put the pics on the blog hence the missing starboard starter fairing, Well spotted Andy. The faring is now on. I built the model from scratch off Andy's RCM&E plan, being a late starter I found the previous hints and tips on the blog very useful. I have finished the model in 25gm glass and finishing resin. This was my first attempt at glassing, It wasn't as daunting as I first thought and I was very pleased with the finished results. After much rubbing down and elbow grease I airbrushed the final finish using Humbrol acrylics. I was amazed to find I only used one and a half pots of each colour to complete the NATO scheme.

I have a reputation for severely flexing wings so I have upped the carbon wing spar to 6mm, all seems nice and rigid and should take my abuse. I will post flying shots once maidened. Thanks Peter for your advice on the rudder/aileron mix, this is now programmed in o my TX

• 1 year later...

A great memory of pre lock down flying at one of the best slope sites in the world with some fabulous friends. Mark your videos are epic. Well edited and interesting. I had no idea that you were videoing at the time. The model flies so well in light to moderate winds, thanks to the designer Mr  Blackburn. Thank you John for showing me how to link Youtube videos, I thought it would be possible with a simple link to the viewing of the video.

• Like 3