Wheal Prosper tin mine Cornwall with DJI Spark

David - all very pretty, but please read the Drone Code. No flying within 50m of people vessels or structures. The chap walking past at 3 mins in was closer that that, quite apart from the proximity to the building. Also, as you say it is a National Trust property, please read this. No private drone flying allowed on National Trust property.

The reason the gentleman appears in shot is because I had his authority to continue flying and the reason he's alone is that his wife was quite happily watching the live screen on my monitor and asking drone related questions. I was also flying from the public footpath which runs immediately next to the structure and at no time did I enter its perceived boundary. If the structure had been within a parcel of land belonging to the national trust I would most certainly have not flown there. I respect the drone code at all times.

DM is correct. The 50m exclusion rule applies to people who are not "under your control". Effectively that means briefed and instructed by you - the pilot. So provided the man in question had been briefed by DM, was therefore "under his control", he can indeed fly closer to him than 50m.

On a general point, it does appear to apply here but just for completelness, the same holds true for structures. You cannot fly within 50m of a structure, unless that structure is "under your control". So, for example, you can not fly with in 50m of a building - unless yoy control all of the entrances and exits and who is using them etc.

BEB

From what I've seen in other groups and forums, people are just taking off from elsewhere and then overflying for their pictures. The NT have gotten a bit funny about pictures taken of their land, so far with ground based cameras. I believe they have stopped (or tried to stop) people selling pictures they have taken of NT properties, not sure what ever came of it, but doesn't sound very nice.

Good to see a sensible drone conversation here too yes