New EDF Mini Jets- Sabre & MiG15 RCM&E 2018 Special

hello Adrian,be warned the motor that tony recommended and used.....I thought I would order from HK in preparation for the build.it was only available from the global warehouse(china)...order came to £20 inc delivery which I thought was ok...anyway some 3 weeks later the order came and I had to pay an extra £11 to the postie....not such a bargain......hopefully it will be available in the UK warehouse...if not kulou ….

ken anderson...ne..1...stung dept.

• 3 weeks later...

Never mind the 'Mass Build', I saw these models in the SLEC tent at Cosford and I think that they will be massively popular, so may be a mass build in their own right! I have several 64mm fans/motors going spare so if the models were enlarged by 130% they would still end up with only a span of around 31in, even if the fuselages might look a little 'boxy' at this enlarged size. Fun to experiment yes.

If it helps I've gone for the 11 blade FMS unit, rightly or wrongly.

Although slightly heavier I think I can shave the odd gram from other components to manage the weight, I've also assumed the logic that I can achieve similar power levels to the recommended unit but at lower throttle positions whilst that extra little bit of grunt when needed.

I'm curious as to how nice an 11 blade unit sounds.

d1a49596-5773-4fa4-b20a-028b45457cc2.jpeg Well my FMS 11 blade 50mm edf fan turned up today from Banggood, the AEO unit was out of stock. I ran a quick bench test, 73g out the box, runs very smooth and surprisingly quiet, on. 2200 3s 320 Watts on the meter a little over 30amp on full chat. Holding it over the kitchen scales showed in xs of 700g of thrust, a crude measure but interesting, will be interested to see the equiv measure once installed

Posted by ken anderson. on 27/09/2018 14:09:32:

ordered the sabre kit on Monday...delivered today(thurs)..14.00... that's service for you......thanks to Slec/Tony nijhuis…. ive also run up the hobbyking 50mm edf …..no problems either…..job's a goodin …

ken anderson...ne...1...… sabre dept.

Ken, every time I look on e Slec site I can't find any sabre kit where's it hiding ? dont know