New EDF Mini Jets- Sabre & MiG15 RCM&E 2018 Special

trebor... both.devil

On a separate note an EDF power source is completely new to me. I think I'm happy with the normal questions regarding inlet and exhaust cross sectional area but curious if I should remove the curved front inlet shroud from the fan unit and mate the the internal diameter of the duct directly to an inlet tube.

I say this as I read somewhere that the standard curved inlet shroud is only needed if the unit is mounted either externally or directly at the front of a model.

Link attached to an image of what looks like a shroud minus the front piece.

Am I overthinking this ?

Edited By Devcon1 on 27/09/2018 18:49:27

Good point Steven, I should have added I plan to try and position the Rx, ESC and Battery into a built up/hollowed drop tank which Tony Nijhuis points out makes a good launch hand hold. I'm hoping to utilise this space to enable a clean inlet run/tube.

Worst case scenario I could enlarge the plan by a little.

hello Ian, long time no see, hope you are well...…..the MiG and sabre are loosely the same model but the fuz construction for each is slightly different..i'm not a 100% sure but I think that one of the formers for the sabre is the wrong size as the lines of the fuz look incorrect …… I may be wrong....

ken anderson...ne..1..... sabre dept.

7545 sabre fly-past e.jpg

I think, as per Tony's earlier post, I'd prefer the cheater holes to be underneath, rather than on the fuselage sides and the side nose profile looks a little bit trimmed compared to the Sabre.

I fly an electrified Westfield Sabre with a tractor prop - pusher prop being impossible for obvious reasons - and the model tracks really well. I replaced the rather boxy nose on the original with something a bit more scale like, by carving a plug and forming a cowl from a pop bottle. Of course there's a prop and dome nut of front. I had thought of moving the thrust line down and converting to an F-86D with a spinner, but never got a round tuit.

There is too much in the way of internal to convert the original to EDF but I guess that following the structure that is on the free plan might allow a larger fan unit to be fitted at that 41" span size.

Edited By leccyflyer on 07/10/2018 10:49:13

Edited By leccyflyer on 07/10/2018 11:01:26