New EDF Mini Jets- Sabre & MiG15 RCM&E 2018 Special

Hi Chaps

Regarding the cheater holes, would it not be possible to utilise the drop tank Tony has put on the keel as a battery/Rx tray.

Leaving the ESC in the airflow for cooling but allowing a better air flow to the fan.

I am Not a electric person just thought whether this would allow removal of the cheater holes in the F86

Hi Chaps

Regarding the cheater holes, would it not be possible to utilise the drop tank Tony has put on the keel as a battery/Rx tray.

Leaving the ESC in the airflow for cooling but allowing a better air flow to the fan.

I am Not a electric person just thought whether this would allow removal of the cheater holes in the F86

alan p,

I've sketched out a layout that will enable a fully enclosed inlet duct right to the nose.

The battery will be hidden in the bottom tank/hand grip, aileron servos recessed in the wing, elevator servo/servo somewhere, receiver and ESC hidden in the canopy which will just have an internally sprayed silver finish.

To manage the C of G I'll bring the fan unit forward a bit.

I've worked out the slightly reduced intake surface area is within the calculation of the surface area of the fan unit. My understanding this is calculated by deducting , no pun intended, the surface area of the impellor cone from the internal ducting surface area.

A challenge but achievable I think.

Posted by Jim Carss on 10/10/2018 09:40:02:

Nice job Kendo

JC---- ne23 nice job dept.

yes

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

thanks JC....i'm starting to put on the covering more pic's to follow....

ken anderson...ne..1...J Carrs dept.

Posted by Christopher Long 1 on 12/10/2018 10:06:14:

To save frustration, the company BECC that Tony used for the decals WILL NOT sell directly to the public, so you have to use one of their stockists - which I have found don't stock all of what appears on the BECC website!

I shall be making my own.

………………………………………………………………………………………………..

have a look here may be the boys....

ken anderson...ne..1...…. duff info dept.

Edited By ken anderson. on 12/10/2018 10:22:00

a couple of more photo's of the sabre on its way to completion...…I've added a couple of stick retainers to the wing servo's...belt and braces etc...run out of chrome covering but a kind offer from JC-carrs aviation company of some has saved the day.....i'll be calling at his castle in the next couple of days...for an audience with him....

sabre 16.jpg

sabre 15.jpg

ken anderson...ne..1... covering dept....