Mantua Models Kosmo 3

Have just purchased one of the above kits, it's a big box nicely packed and looks to be of good quality.

Problem is the instructions on the plan are all in Italian. I guess I could just build from the plan but I'm concerned that the quite lengthy instructions may contain some valuable tips which if ignored could prove embarrassing later on in the build.

Last resort will be to use an online translation site, but that could take some time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tech parts can be tricky in translation .I'm part Italian and I can't follow some . As point of interest my surname is the Italian spelling of Mantua.I would approach a local language school for help or ask round local schools for a teacher of Italian. Regards John Mantova

Tech parts can be tricky in translation .I'm part Italian and I can't follow some . As point of interest my surname is the Italian spelling of Mantua.I would approach a local language school for help or ask round local schools for a teacher of Italian. Regards John Mantova

Thanks for the replies,

I've found an on-line translator site that seems to work OK. As many of the words repeat it gets easier as you go, I'm about 2/3 of the way through (1014 words). I will try the email route as well though.

The first line of the instructions begins "Procurarsi un piano" apparently this does not mean "Get a piano", rather "get a building board" !!!

There are no full size plans for the fuselage, instead it is built in a jig using parts included in the kit.

Thanks again for the replies.

Italian is a revelation David, and words used in context mean different things as to what you were talking about, and where in the sentence the written word comes

un is a........so a building board

procure is easy, and piano is slowly? nah

your building an aeroplane so piano is a walkway? nah.... a pavement too

so in context it is something flat

ahhh we got there

David, I will be very interested to see how you get on with this kit build. I reluctantly agreed to build one for a club mate and ended up getting very frustrated with it. I went through the hurdles of translation but didn't find that instructions helped much. Whilst I have built quite a few models from plans and kits, this one is 'interesting'. They seem to do things in peculiar ways. For instance the wing leading edge is made up of multiple strips of sheet - long winded process then having to plane/sand most of it away???

In the end I decided I could not waste any more time on the kit and returned the completed wings and part built fuselage back to the owner - something I felt bad about but the time I spent was out of proportion. I think the end result will be great - I assume you have seen the 2 online blogs? These are quite useful but only go to reinforce the amount of work required to complete.

Hope this doesn't put you off, I am quite happy to accept that my resistance was low on this project

Thanks for the links, I've finished the translation (2076 words), Using the instructions and the pictures on the build blogs it starts to make sense. Plus I've learnt some Italian. Noticed that the wings are built in a jig and include alternative ribs for fixed u/c or retracts, I have a set of 60 size electric retracts which I hope to fit.

• 2 weeks later...

David, I noticed your build the other day and remembered that I had seen a good build thread, you should take a look at it. Took a while to find it again but I think you will find it well worth the read, very comprehensive.

http://www2.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php/456977-Kosmo-3-RC-1-Klassiker-von-Mantua

use google chrome, open the site ,just hit translate and enjoy.

• 1 year later...