show us your scale glider

1/5 scale Rhonbussard

1/5th scale Rhonbussard - based on the Mike Smart plan and modelled on the modified one (by a German university group, airbrakes instead of spoilers, reduced span ailerons with modified tips) that I owned a share in back in the 80s and as near authentic as I could manage including using gloss magnolia from Woolies as per the original repaint!

Although operated in the UK after being imported by the syndicate founder, it always retained its original German registration under the wing until it was eventually rebuilt and returned to the original round wingtip and longer aileron configuration. I'm not sure what the German authorities (who had also earlier refused to issue a C of A due to a wing being rebuilt 1 degree out of true - trim tabs permitted by the BGA cured that!) would have thought if it had been flown over there at a vintage rally!

The full size was a delight to fly once the little ailerons started working and it was capable of quite reasonable cross country flights.

bussard.jpg

The original queuing for a launch.

Edited By Martin Harris on 21/03/2018 14:10:07