Gorilla glue offer

Personally, I think its a great offer if you use a lot of it...otherwise a waste of money....its shelf life isnt like pva....

Alternatively you could sell on a couple of bottles to others in the hobby if they use it.....

I had a bottle for nearly a year, by which time it had become unusable, previous bottles of the same size had gone the same way, so it wasnt a one off or bad batch...

I have a large bottle of Lumberjack polyurethane here - its like Gorilla Glue but sets faster so you don't need to leave it clamped up.

My bottle is about 9 months old and I have found that yes, it sets in the bottle after being opened, but it is only the top few mm and if you break through that with an old screwdriver then the rest of the bottle is still perfectly usable.

From the net.....

Shelf Life: Gorilla glue has a shelf life of approximately 3 years in its sealed bottle and stores for up to a year once opened. ... You can store the bottle upside down so that any hardening will take place at the bottom of the container and not at the neck. Not a Gap Filler: PU expands and forms a hard foam as it cures.

If you squeeze the air out of the bottle when done it will increase opened shelf life also decant into a smaller bottle so the main bottle is opened less . It's moisture laden air that accelerates the curing

Edited By Martian on 07/05/2018 11:32:49

I still reckon, the year shelf life, once opened is realistic, perhaps optimistic. But you must be building a lot of aircraft if you think you can get through a 250 ml bottle. Like I said above my 60 ml bottles are always thrown out with glue left in them.

• 1 year later...