UKCAA @ Watford 2018

Martyn K

As you all know, its been a bit of a washout earlier this year. Our first event had to be postponed (until July) due to local flooding, the second at Loughborough rained all day but 10 of us still manged to turn up and fly all day but low cloud and lousy lighting limited photography.

Spring finally arrived with our annual visit to Watford Wayfarers MFC. A fantastic days flying with fantastic weather and fantastic company.

Our next event is a contest orientated day at TRENT 20 on the 3rd June.

Some photos

jl000.jpg

jl001.jpg

jl003.jpg

jl006.jpg

jl007.jpg

jl009.jpg

jl010.jpg

jl012.jpg

jl014.jpg

jl016.jpg

jl017.jpg

jl019.jpg

jl021.jpg

jl023.jpg

jl031.jpg

jl036.jpg

jl050.jpg

jl051.jpg

jl053.jpg

jl055.jpg

jl056.jpg

jl059.jpg

Looks fabulous and great photos.. i will hopefully be putting together a DSM Excelsior 150 this summer, with a Rossi 53 upfront, hopefully it will provide enough grunt.. got 11,400 out of it on test stand on a bolly 11.5x7 and 10% fuel..... I would be interested in model specs that attended.. would be interesting to see what people are using.. the 150 is a bit wee, but if it is ok, I would like to bring it along later this year, as a pal is also keen with a Joker and a lovely tornado... keep up the good work.. and thanks for posting

Most fly 60 sized models - early ones about 60" span - later ones about 68" span. I guess the 150 is 1.5m span so just slightly smaller than norm. The engine may need a slightly more coarse pitched prop - see if it will turn a 11x9 without choking..

My favourite model at the moment is my 40 sized Mystic at about 55". That has more than enough grunt to do large manoeuvres to put in on par with the larger models. Thinking of scaling it up to 60 sized now for a piped 60/61.