Phoenix Flight Sim

Tel

Hi All. Returning to the fold after a few years away. Anyone know what has happened to Phoenix RC Flight Sim?? Just thought I would start having a practice but no one seems to have a copy of 5.5 version! Someone said there is a version 6 on its way?? Tks for your time/help. Tel

• 1 year later...

Hi all. I have been away from flying for a while and have a copy of the Phoenix Flight Simulator which I dug out to get some practice in. However I was unable to access the "Master server" and although I had a fairly recent copy of the sim,April 2014, I still could not get to fly with anyone else on there. I have heard that someone in Germany has taken on the role of Master server. Can anyone shed any light on this situation. I have always found it to be a cracking sim and excellent to get some practice in. Help!!!

I'm afraid too many cheapskates got a copy of the DVD and bought rip-offs of the 'dongle/transmitter interface' on eBay that the company closed down. When I think of the 100s or even 1000s of hours of programming effort that went into its creation then the proper price of £70/80 was very reasonable (I've spent 100s of hours myself writing s/w nothing like as complex). After all, it only has to save you one crashed model to repay its cost.

Geoff

As a complete new comer to R/C flying I was given a genuine Phoenix 5.5 sim by my mentor, it turned out that my lap top ( Windows 10 ) would not recognize the dongle and after much faffing about I took the plunge and purchased an obvious clone from China. It worked perfectly straight from the box for £8.35 delivered !!

What more can I say,

Richard.

I may be wrong but I understood that Pheonix Sim was part of the Spektrum / Horizon brand as it was always bundled with their transmitters and had a number of the various Spektrum based planes. When they took over Greatplanes they also took over Real Flight sim and so rather than keeping both going they have chosed RF and closed Pheonix. This is why all the Horizon Hobby planes are now on RF instead.

I have found RF to be just as good and less graphic intensive

Sounds a sensible explanation Chris. I used to have an early Phoenix sim but it would not work on windows 10 . A few months back we bought a REal Flight 8 sim by Horizon instead . I don’t think it’s quite as good in terms of plane choice than Phoenix but it does have the cordless dongle which is nice and it is stable on Windows 10.

Posted by Tim Flyer on 03/11/2019 13:16:55:

. I used to have an early Phoenix sim but it would not work on windows 10 .

For this and other Windows 10 added non working app issues Tim

Load the app ( Phoenix )

Then go to Windows 10 Troubleshoot

Troubleshoot gives you the option to FIX apps, which it did On mine

So name Phoenix in Troubleshoot fix and keep your fingers crossed

It also worked for me on an old copy of Photo Shop

• 2 months later...

Hallo
Can you gents help?
I bought a cd that brought among other simulators the RF7, the Phoenix r5, the 22 in 1 wierless, from banggood.
I installed the phoenix without errors, on the pc with win10. only the dogle usb, pen, is not recognized in windows. the new device does not appear on the game controller!
Here they say that the phoenix works well in win 10, can you help?
Grateful
Vítor Lalanda

Vitor, try this

The Transmitter needs a Model Channel for Phoenix

The Transmitter needs a charged battery

The Transmitter is switched off from here

With the computer off, and the transmitter off continuously

Connect the USB dongle to the two devices

Start up the computer, and start up Phoenix

Your Transmitter will light up on your Phoenix channel

Follow Phoenix guidance from here

Do not revert to checking the computer

Phoenix will give you promps to identify your Transmitter and to set your sticks in all 4 corners of their control

Use the Phoenix menus

Edited By Denis Watkins on 27/01/2020 07:17:39

Edited By Denis Watkins on 27/01/2020 07:27:27

Hi All,

Just to answer a couple of queries, Firstly Phoenix will run quite happily on Windows 10 as I have reinstalled it on a new build computer last week - running Win 10 Pro. (The install and updates were very rapid too)

There is indeed a version 6.0i available, I found out much to my surprise when re-installing last week. I thought it had stopped at Version 5.5L when Horizon hobby decided to pull the plug but obviously not

If you want to reinstall - you can do it from here (This is where I did mine from). You will need your original usb dongle to use it though. You can still fly in online sessions too - there is a link on the page below

Link

Mark