Ohm's Law?

Ivor Tucker wrote (see)
I am double double confused.com and just want to fly my plane. I have been contemplating going electric but all this mumbo jumbo has convinced me. Leave it alone.

Yup, I'm not suprised......sadly, this is what some people think e-flight is....think I'll go flying now....the whole point of it in the first place last time I looked.

I wrote my earlier bit about Ohm's Law / Theory before I discovered the forum.  Kevin's initial statement looked instantly wrong as soon as I read it! 

Thank you Peter for your explanation regarding electric motor characteristics, I was intrigued by your information on "universal" motors being able to swing "larger" props for dragging 120" gliders aloft at  lower volts/low revs.  Am I correct in appreciating that this application must still be set up to take account of the motor and controller current limits ,and is the duration penalty worth it?

As far as this thread on the forum is concerned, it shows how useful this type of discussion is and how many people can benefit.  Long may this type of communication last.

Phil.

Ron van Sommeren wrote (see)

I can only guess that Scott thinks there are already too many electric flight professionals. Not enough room at the top of the Olympus?

Vriendelijke groeten Ron

I have no idea what has provoked that, and you are way wide of the mark, I have no ego about this at all, I have pointed out what the vast majority of people that I talk to say "too much theory, too complicated"....and it's a shame, because it's all quite simple really.....and could be explained more simply.

As for Peter accusing me of jumping in and ridiculing after the utterly insulting post [which was removed by RCM&E] he posted in the other thread is quite remarkable, and to accuse me of trying to shroud things in mystique.....when my posts clearly state exactly the opposite is .....well, all rather baffling to be polite about it.

Finally, my point about being a working in this business is that you DO NOT need to know all this theory to fly electric, that was the whole point of my comments in the other thread....not in any way to "big myself up".

I sincerely hope that this forum doesn't degenerate the way that so many others do, I hope, and doubt that Mr Ashby will allow it.