UKCAA @ Retford - Rescheduled - now 5 August

Martyn K

The next UKCAA Fly-i will take place on Sunday 29th July. This is a special day as it is the Steve Dunning Tribute Day. Steve was a UKCAA founder and a dedicated Retford MFC member.

RMFC invite all members to our event at Leverton. All flyers are requested to sign in and show their BMFA insurance on arrival. A pit area will be designated for this event so equipment can be unloaded before parking.

There will be free tea and coffee on tap all day with the club barbecue being lit about 1230 but please bring your own food to cook.

Event organiser Chris Anderson - 07966764803

During the day RMFC are privileged that Sue & Matt Dunning are sending Steve on his last flight by scattering his ashes on a field he loved. Sue and Matt will be arriving at lunchtime with the ceremony to be held shortly afterwards.

As a fitting tribute you are asked to bring any aircraft from Elation Models for a static & flying display.

All pre-event registered flyers will be welcomed with a bacon cob but you can, if you wish, simply turn up on the day and fly.

Edited By Martyn K on 24/07/2018 10:48:26

• 1 month later...

Belatedly, some photos from the event. Turnout wasn't as high as we would normally expect as the event was postponed by a week. Still a fantastic day though with perfect flying weather.. All photos courtesy Tony Saxby

saxby9.jpg

Sue Dunning - Steve's wife - in front of a collection of models that Steve had at some point been involved in.

Steve was an amazing and very versatile builder. We scattered his ashes on the field at lunchtime. Some of his ashes ended up all over me. I hope some of Steve's skills and wonderfully good nature rubs off on me.

saxby1.jpg

The classic group...

saxby2.jpg

saxby3.jpg

saxby4.jpg

saxby5.jpg

saxby6.jpg

saxby8.jpg

saxby7.jpg