DLE 30cc info sought

alex nicol

Thx iqon for reply but as you can guess I have tried every bigger prop known to man (just about) including 3 blades. Big props tend to overload the motors as well which is not good although it keeps the revs down. As for canisters I have bought two different makes and neither of them can get below 82dB.Resting from the front is the worse, in fact my home made canisters are much quieter ( on number 6 at the moment) .

the thing is the 'silencers' that come with these 2 stroke petrol engines just don't have enough volume to be effective silencers, just look at a 50cc moped can much lager. you could use pesiffic Acousta-Fil Exhaust Wadding (exsample) which is desined to do the job not like wire wool,, but it would need replacing after some time if lot of oil gets blasted out the exhaust. 4 stroke petrol with a small can is the answer but cost is always a issue for most like me but I have recently tried a Torq-pro 70cc and got it to 84db with out much issue.

• 1 year later...

For reference, I had my DLE 30 sound tested at the club yesterday.

Fitted to a Wot 4XL, 30:1 fuel, Aerostar wooden prop. The only modification done was slip on some high temp automotive silicone tube over the exhaust outlet, to extend the stub length by 3”.

Measurements taken at 7m, WOT, on both sides of the engine. Highest reading recoded...a pass is @ 84dB and under. Model held at waist height and up wind.

Aerostar 20x6... 85, fail

Aerostar 19x8....83, pass

Edited By cymaz on 21/06/2020 06:01:04

Edited By cymaz on 21/06/2020 06:02:00