Any suggestions?..

David Holland 2

Morning gents, I had the misfortune to black bag my Lander Panther on Tuesday. Flew through the sun and........Can't find anyone who stocks the airframes so am looking for something suitable for a 68mm fan. Have looked on Aerofred and Outerzone for plans but drawn a blank. Fancy a Hunter, F86, Gnat, Hawk or suchlike. Thought about the West Wings Hunter and scaling it up or even going own design from a three view. I am but an averagely competent pilot so nothing too scary, any thoughts?

Thanks,

David

Cheers Piers (!!), now you mention it, I do remember seeing a thread on the forum a week or so back. The Sabre would do nicely and I'm not averse to a bit of building. I thought I might have a mooch around the trade stands at the NATs and if there is nothing there the TN Sabre is the way to go. Still fancy a Hunter so might have a go at an own design when I see how Tony does it.

Thanks.

David

Thanks for the replies, chaps. Simon, the Hawk looks good and gets good reviews but I really can't find it as airframe only, and I want to find a home for the Lander 68mm fan that was left surrounded by a pile foam when the Panther quit this mortal coil.

Kevin, just shows that one should look at the specs more carefully before jumping to conclusions! For the West Wings Hawker Hunter I saw Wemotec 480 mini fan, cobalt motor and nicads and assumed it used a tiny 30mm fan. I now know the error of my ways and that the Lander fan is the man for the job. The plan is to see what's available at the NATs and either get the Hunter there or mail order one when I get back home. Their Hawk looks good too.

David

• 2 months later...

David

The "Airworld" Hunter in October's BMFA News (JMA section) looks fabulous. I know it's a turbine job and will probably be too heavy at this size. But, a down-sized plan, laser-cut kit with carefully selected wood maybe ???

I must declare a strong bias here : ex- Fleet Air Arm, 738 Sqdn, where we had GA11's and T8's. I always liked the two-seater (faster than the single-seater and, the only jet, at the time, cleared for inverted spinning !).

Good hunting...

Dave