Broxbourne Cheshunt Park Flying Field Hertfordshire

Peter Menter

Hi everyone,

I would like to draw your attention to a model flying field at Cheshunt Park Broxbourne Hertfordshire. It is a great site but very little used - my son and I are the most frequent users with occasional fliers in the summer months.

It has grass runways and frequently mowed at no cost by Broxbourne Borough Council who run the Cheshunt Park Golf Centre. There is ample car parking near the golf club and it is about a 1 km countryside walk to the flying site.

The post code is EN7 6QD entrance from Park Lane - it would be great to see more fliers using this wonderful location. There is a map of the flying field outside of the golf club house.

Best wishes - Pete Menter, hope to see more fliers soon.

p.s. I have some location maps and directions but need to work out the best way to post them on this site.

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum! Unfortunately Google couldn't find the link you posted and the other attempts didn't work either.

We do have some curious procedures here but if it's a JPG you're planning to post, the easiest way is to follow the guidance here, within the Forum User Guides section. If you don't create an album, you'll need to link pics from a hosting site.

If you have any problems send me a PM (button at the bottom of this post) and we'll sort itthumbs up

Pete

Tom - maybe so, occasionally some ad hoc drone flying has occurred - but the field is plenty big and they are nice guys who keep to one side off the main runway. Only seen them three times in two years. My key interest in posting is to ensure a better use of the flying site before it is lost to commercial dog walkers. There are 250 acres at Cheshunt Park - half of that is available for dog walkers but they still love to stroll down the runways. That's life.

• 6 months later...