DB Major Mannock

Paul james 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted by J D 8 on 23/09/2018 11:33:34:

….....The upper wing was originaly held on by saddle clamps and 8 screws and took an age to put on,however a couple of years ago modified it with hooks holding the leading edge to the cabain and two wing bolts up through plate at the the rear.

Edited By J D 8 on 23/09/2018 11:34:26

Of course. It's just another Boddington mediocrity. He turned them out like supermarket sausages.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forgot to take a photo of completed tail with accompanying closed loops...sorryblush

We went through the plans and build instructions but could find no mention of surface throws. Does anyone have any info about these for the Giant Mannock please ?

I pretty much agree with Cliff, as much rudder movement as you can get [ mostly used to try and keep straight on take off ] It is the most sensitive control and may benefit from a bit of expo Having said that mine is flown with no expo on anything [ when first owned the TX used did not have it and that's the way it has stayed ] Elevator does not need 3D type throws, it is quite powerful at the end of the long fuzz. Mine has about 25 degrees max. As you will have 4 ailerons I expect a better roll rate but need lots of differential to counter adverse roll.

Cheers John.

Thanks gents,

I will go with ...

15’ low , 25’ high on elevator and aileron...I generally use up to 30% expo for rudder/aileron and 40% on elevator. Does this sound about right for starters?

I can do an aileron differential mix on my Tx.