Announcing Plans for the 2019 Mass Build

Hi there, good to see some more new guys (like myself for building) coming on board.

I ordered my kit before Christmas and it took longer in the post than it did for Sarik to dispatch it!

Currently all sitting under the bench ready for March!

I'll have a dig out of the motor/ESC spec and post, the rest will come out of my donor aircraft I put into the ground.

Any new people just ask any question you want as it will save you time in the long run

With the spec below (should be right)

Wingspan: 54 in (1372 mm)
Length: 45 ½ in (1181 mm)
Weight: 5.25 lbs (2.380 Kg)
Wing area: 67.2 sq.in ( sq.mm, 41.16 sq.dm)
Wing loading: 18.98 oz/sq ft (58g/sq dm)

Now don't quote me on this as its a quick stab in the dark, but as I have some 4S 3300 lipos I was thinking of a 60A ESC and a suitable motor (I think I have a 900KV 60S 700W) which equates to 135W/lb.MAX

Rules of thumb are:

• 50-70 watts per pound; Minimum level of power for decent performance, good for lightly loaded slow flyer and park flyer models
• 70-90 watts per pound; Trainer and slow flying scale models
• 90-110 watts per pound; Sport aerobatic and fast flying scale models
• 110-130 watts per pound; Advanced aerobatic and high-speed models
• 130-150 watts per pound; Lightly loaded 3D models and ducted fans
• 150-200+ watts per pound; Unlimited performance 3D and aerobatic models

So I'll prop it down to about 100W/lb and that should do nicely.

Don't forget please ask questions as it will save you time + I'll be asking plenty of questions anyway as I have very little experience building models, wink

Posted by ROBERT BURLACE on 22/12/2018 09:42:34:

Thanks Piers.

I have plans to insulate the garage and install a small heater of some sort too. There is no plumbing to the garage but there is the possibility of PV cells on the roof!

Good luck to you too.

hello Robert...check out peters thread about heating up your mancave....

ken anderson...ne...1...heating dept.

Ok, i may have a go at this, it will be my first mass build, already bought the mag with the plan in, i may fish around to see if i can get the cut parts cheaper, i don`t have the time to cut them myself. Mine will be electric powered and as others have mentioned i think the u/c arrangement/wheel size ruins the look of the one in the picture, i may go with wing mounted u/c with some spats on as the shape of the plane lends itself to that. Any more pictures of a completed one available to post on here?............Martin

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

The best plans never make it last the first engagement and unfortunately for me, my job means I'm in the midst of moving house which I was not expecting a few months ago.

I won't be able to take part this year but will watch on as I'd like to build this aircraft at some point.

Good luck and enjoy!

Gary