Lidl Specials

Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 13/10/2018 18:53:22:

I see that at some stores, Lidl are experimenting with a parking registration scheme, to deter non shoppers using their car parks. With a hefty fine too boot.

So if you pop in for a bargain and you are not registered, or cant' remember your car registration number, it could cost you a lot.

Really not a problem. Pay for you stuff,scan your receipt, enter reg and that's it. No parking fee. They have to do it as otherwise commuters would clog the car park .

Posted by Engine Doctor on 13/10/2018 21:01:26:
Posted by Tom Sharp 2 on 13/10/2018 18:53:22:

I see that at some stores, Lidl are experimenting with a parking registration scheme, to deter non shoppers using their car parks. With a hefty fine too boot.

So if you pop in for a bargain and you are not registered, or cant' remember your car registration number, it could cost you a lot.

Really not a problem. Pay for you stuff,scan your receipt, enter reg and that's it. No parking fee. They have to do it as otherwise commuters would clog the car park .

More like:
Pay for you stuff, scan your receipt, start entering reg, realise you can't remember it, run out to the car park, stick stuff in the car, check the reg no., run back in, squeeze past the queueing customers lined up at the checkout, apologise profusely, wait to get to the registration machine, get to it eventually, where did I put the receipt? B*****r, its in with the shopping, go back to car, get receipt, repeat steps above, try to remember reg no., oh yes thats it, enter it, go to car, sit in queue to leave car park, etc, etc...

Edited By Robin Colbourne on 15/10/2018 21:16:56

I haven't the faintest idea what the reg number is of our current car (or the immediately previous one come to that) but I know the reg number of my first car, first motor cycle and quite a lot of the rest, too. Lidl or Aldi car parking isn't problem for me, anyway - I usually either walk the 2.5 miles or catch a bus. The scroll saw was a bit heavy to carry though

Geoff

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Posted by Mike T on 02/04/2019 12:45:28:

I wonder why 'Former Member' bailed and deleted all his (her) posts?

I am sure someone will know who former member was.

And Former member probably said something that went against the code of practice.

So took a huff and left. when a Mod informed him/her or the infringement.

Steve