Unable to Contact Carbon Copy

I had a Hannibal cowl from them a few weeks ago.

Not the fastest service, but a good quality product.

On another Forum

"Kevin and anyone else interested in Carbon Copy I went down this morning and found the unit and had a chat with the guy running the very busy looking workshop.

And hes just made a Flair Hannibal Cowling too.

So thumbs up from me all seems Fine and he says he's busy, my what a smell too!"

Hope that helps.

Kev

Tried to use them earlier this year but ended up getting my money back from PayPal. Was assured before I ordered item was in stock and ready for dispatch. All over Facebook similar storys of woe. If you can buy elsewhere I would advice you take that route, if you do have to use them pay with PayPal, at least you can get your money back if it all goes wrong.

I can only echo the (poor) customer service experiences of previous posts.

I had to repeatedly phone this company and was told 'The goods are in the post ....' de dah de dah de dah! Of course they never were but after continual calls eventually, surprise, surprise the carbon u/c ordered turned up.

I don't know what issues this company may be having but I will not be using them again.

Well it just goes to show that some people are working hard in this hobby and although the lad in Carbon Copy says he's had a difficult year its also been very busy for this seemingly one man band, a small industrial unit on the outskirts of Stevenage that quite literally manufactures everything onsite by himself.

I'm a local postie and am not affiliated in any way shape or form to carbon copy but I visited again today because I don't like people jumping to conclusions about failing businesses when all they need to do is pick up the phone and talk.

All seems well to me he's trading and is run off his feet so give the guy a break.

Maybe he should Stop Making stuff

And give absolute priority to Paying Customers, and get their stuff posted to them

No point in manufacturing when all the buyers have gone elsewhere

If I was in that neck of the woods, I would check on that young mans health

As his poor decision making is a signal of health difficulties

If you live nearby, call in on him

He is not answering the telephone, replying to emails or replying to letters in the post

Sounds like he's caught up in the cycle of biting off more than he can chew and as the man said you can't swallow an elephant in one bite........given the state of decline of this hobby maybe customer and supplier need to ease up a bit, little bit more communication from him and a bit of patience from us might go a long way

if you're a very busy one man band you get the orders out the door and unfortunately the phone and email needs to wait........what pays the bills takes priority.

Here's the thing, if you're in business what's the most important of the below

Shareholder value

Employee Value

Customer Value

A member at our club said last week, he tried to get a part ordered off them and eventually after weeks of trying got through on a Sat morning and the person said it had got sent out weeks ago, but will send another one.

He received the "second" one. Makes you wonder if he ever sent the first one.

In today's business environment, saying that got too much work, the cat is sick and the car broke down just doesn't cut it. The customer doesn't give a heck what happens behind the business doors, as long as they get their bits.

Can you see a proper company making excuses like that? no.

Carbon Copy (and other retailers that there has received negative feedback for) need to buck up their ideas, or they will run out of customers...and business.

I thought it would be more like this...

Employee Value

Shareholder value

Customer Value

Right chaps, can we stop the speculation please - especially about people's health - well out of order.

The OP has made his point, he has recieved some information that might tell him what's going on from people who are not just specualting, they've actually been there and talked to the guy first hand.

That is as much as this or any other forum can do. So we'll drop this now as no one has extra hard informatuion to add.

BEB

PS If you do come across something factual based on real information and you want to add it please PM me or one of the other moderators and if appropriate we will repopen the thread.