FrSky X6R EU LBT 6/16CH Receiver

SONNY MONKS

Sonny

I should say that with that menu where you select TM on or off if you accidentally scroll while selecting it will change value and you may not notice so recommend you move slowly before hitting select !

..and as far as I can see that specific menu as part of the bind process is not covered in the x10 manual or the quick start leaflet that comes with the Horus.

Tim

I have been checking Rx manuals .The X6R says.....

Compatibility: FrSky DFT/DJT/DHT/DHT-U in D_mode

FrSky Taranis X9D Plus/XJT in D8 mode
FrSky Taranis X9D Plus/XJT in D16 mode

X6R-EU version only works with FrSky Taranis X9D Plus-EU version/XJT-EU version in D16-EU mode.

It does not mention Horus.

The RX6R does say Horus in its setup instruction.

Could you have the wrong Rx. ? for the Horus.?

Posted by SONNY MONKS on 28/10/2018 15:14:43:

Hi Pat,The jumper is in A1 and the centre pin,the third pin is marked G.

As I said, Sonny, I don't have any X6R's (I've never actualy seen one) but the instructions do say A1 & X (centre pin) so it doesn't seem like that the problem.
I think it will be worth checking how you selected mode 16 in the Tx when binding. As Tim said it would have been easy to switch telemetry off when scrolling. In my previous post I was only thinking of telemetry selection from the Rx point of view. It seems a bit odd/overkill, not to mention confusing, that you should be able to make the same selection from two points.

I am very much wandering if the X6R is not totally compatible and you need an R series ie RX6R or RX8R. Might be worth checking with the guys at T9 ( or whoever you bought the Horus from) with regards to compatibility. The lack of RSSI just indicates that the TM downlink is not working. SWR will because its measured/computed in the TX.

Tim

Pat,

Agreed ,

It’s just odd that the Manual for the RX6R and RX8R are identicle in terms of set up with no Tm control by jumpers a d the rx8R works as advertised. Asyou noted the Horus 10 controls the Tm link in the Tx settings. If Sony has double checked by re binding with both Tm setting and jumper setting on Rx I see no where to go other than checking with the supplier or sending a pm to Chris to double check his setup.

Tim

Sonny,

One last thought . Since you get no RSSI and the jumper on A1 only controls the Rx voltage monitoring then the only control I see over the Tm is that in Tx bind menu. So when you checked the bind menu setting for the TM tic box did you actually redo the bind because it is possible it might just hold that as the default and not what you actually used.

Clutching at straws but might be worth redoing the bind from scratch once more.

Failing that I really am stumped. Apart from swapping your X series for an RX series which incidentally has 40% more range!

Tim

Tim, with my X12S on OpenTx OS after the Rx bind process you have to go to the telemetry page then with the Rx switched on select "discover new sensors" before it's possible to display either the Rx battery voltage or the RSSI.

Isn't it the same with FrOS ?

I have a Taranis X9D and a X6R.(NEW IN BOX) if someone can do a screen shot of what the tx should be showing, i will look at mine and see if i can help Sonny. What i had seen is two bars one for the tx battery that shows the volts as well as the bars , but the other only shows the bars, and no numbers.

Pat,

With the RX8R pro I did not have to do anything other than the initial bind and telemetry was availible. I have not even seen anything resembling a discover sensors option in the telemetry menus of which there are 2, one for calibration of each sensor (min/max, warnings) and the other just manipulates the display settings.

I will check the TM cal pages again.

CardPerfect, not sure the Taranis set will help here as the Horus is somewhat different and the issue is no Tm at all , not even RSSI.

Tim

Well Martin for the X10 there is a 130 page PDF manual downloadable from FrSky. From them and others here are also hundreds, no thousands, of tutition videos. Surely that's enough support documentation for now Sonny?

What is needed by the user is engagement and for him to stop thinking they can ake a short-cut to knowlege by asking "how do I do this or that" All FrSky systems are very sophisticated and complexly interlinked. They are often ouside of the "run of te mill" - they reward careful systematic study.

BEB

Problem here is that as far as I can see there is nothing in the Horus 10 manual to cover this issue . The bind process discussed above is the only point at which the Horus OS gives the option to turn TM on or off. Sonny had this set as on when he bound the Rx and the Rx jumpers were set as in the Rx manual.

So yes we helped out in pointing him through the manual but to no avail. The Rx bind should not require an IT expert.

Not personally looked for a utube video for this combination so it might be out there. I certainly had no issues when setting up the RX8R.

If Chris Bot achieved the Horus/X6R pairing then perhaps he can help when he comes on line.

Tim