Mysterious old radio

jonryan

RCP were I think made in Kidderminster in the late '60's early '70's if I remember correctly,

I still have one of these single channel Tx's. stored somewhere. At the time there was a very small model shop in Hereford run by an Ian Mowbray and I am sure he had something to do with RCP but in what capacity I have no idea.

Just asked my dad and the RCP one was made in Radford Avenue, Kidderminster. There were two gents but my dad can only remember one name and that is John Mountain. One of the guys was a school teacher and the pupils helped solder up the boards. They went on the manufacture proportional radio called Delta. My dad still has a Delta set.

Rich

Edited By Richard Harris on 18/11/2018 17:37:03

Edited By Richard Harris on 18/11/2018 17:37:26

I had one of the RCP single channel sets in the mid to late 60s. It was supposedly in command when my Mercury Matador went AWOL from Sutton Park. It worked well with motorised servos especially in model boats. I eventually cut holes in the blue anodised case to fit a pair of stick units when I built a Microtrol design for 4 channel propo.