Reichard Models GROB G 103C TWIN III

Stearman65

Posted by Piers Bowlan on 11/12/2018 16:52:04:

Here is the link. Are you planing to put a retractable electric SLS in it by any chance?

You can buy additional formers to fit a front mounted motor, so it's in the melting pot. I've just had a thought of how to make my own EDF retract system, so that's in the pot also. BTW there are other sources for the kit that don't charge a lot of money to deliver it.

Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 12/12/2018 09:44:52:

Why bother with the servo, just make the EDF pivot against stops, start the EDF running and the thrust will deploy it wink

Sequence would be, make the the doors servo operated, open the doors, start the EDF and it will pop up.

That would probably result in blowing a hole in the bottom of the fuselage? IMO the EDF must be in position before it starts.surprise

**LINK**

The grob acro is a great model I had one myself a few years ago but I would not go for edf I would use again f.e.s instead a lot easier to do and cheaper. Plus you get more power and flight times per battery. A lot of full size gliders are using fes now including the grob so it will be still scale. A folding propeller and a 1000 watt motor .

Edited By Roo Hawkins on 12/12/2018 11:22:51

Posted by Roo Hawkins on 12/12/2018 11:20:38:
The grob acro is a great model I had one myself a few years ago but I would not go for edf I would use again f.e.s instead a lot easier to do and cheaper. Plus you get more power and flight times per battery. A lot of full size gliders are using fes now including the grob so it will be still scale. A folding propeller and a 1000 watt motor .

Edited By Roo Hawkins on 12/12/2018 11:22:51

Hi Roo

Was it the Reichard Grob you had? Reichard advertise parts to convert it to a nose motor, however, trying to get info from them is very difficult, same applies to the other 2 UK importers I know of.