More flying sites needed!

SONNY MONKS

Posted by SONNY MONKS on 15/12/2018 16:55:21:

but where are the fields?

Plenty of fields in Yorkshire, just need to get out there find what your looking for and approach the land owner/farmer in a professional manner and bingo you have a field.

We did a couple of years ago and now have what must be one best sites in the country, 150x50 metres drive in and pit from the boot, club house, heating, cooking facilities, and no restrictions. Full membership already and a waiting list.

Don't listen to all the gloom and doom merchants that say it's not possible it is you just need to put in the work.

I have been looking for an easy/closer club. I knew that they flew at Kempton park racecourse.

Looked them up on the web and found they had been kicked off in 2015, so they could put up houses.

As of now, they still have not even applied for planning permission. That's 3 years that the club could have been flying there. This is what we are up against.

Nigel N

Edited By nigel newby on 16/12/2018 01:13:10

Posted by nigel newby on 16/12/2018 01:12:25:

I have been looking for an easy/closer club. I knew that they flew at Kempton park racecourse.

Looked them up on the web and found they had been kicked off in 2015, so they could put up houses.

As of now, they still have not even applied for planning permission. That's 3 years that the club could have been flying there. This is what we are up against.

Nigel N

Edited By nigel newby on 16/12/2018 01:13:10

I can beat that one Nigel, our club lost a field due to the land needed for houses in 2001

We were relocated, and the previous field remains untouched with NO house builds 2018

Quite right, Percy. It just shows your approach and hard work can bring results. For me, to find a suitable site to fly from took a bit of driving around the county and in excess of 150 letters to local farmers. It only takes one positive reply and like you the chap wasn't convinced to start off with as there was already a full size aircraft operating from his land. A combination of the colour of money and a direct approach to the full size aircraft syndicate did the trick and I now have the option to fly off a great runway. I also cut the grass for them too! Additionally, I do belong to another local club where I fly my smaller electrics. So a foot in two camps.

Were there more flying sites in previous decades?,were they still all this politics bollocks too,it seems to me,everything is all about politics now,been in the hobby for almost two years now,back in the day when it was all IC,was there still the problem with the DB,People complaining,you do realise soon,we will all have to be in bed for seven o clock,lol,dont hold yer breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!