PSSA pre-season get together - RAF Cosford - The Return!

Phil Cooke

PSSA group visit to RAF COSFORD - Sunday 24th February - 10am

All,

It's about time we agreed on a date and location for our pre-season catch up event!

It's a little lazy, as we met here 2 years ago - but it's centrally located, entrance is FREE and it IS one of the very best aviation museums in the country! - so who's up for a group revisit to the museum at RAF Cosford?

cosford 1.jpg

A full list of aircraft on site can be seen here - **LINK**

Museum is open between 10am and 4pm.

Could I suggest a 10am meet in the car park so we can all start to explore together... there's a place to eat and a great aviation shop on site so plenty to occupy us throughout the day...

LINK to official museum website. Looks like there are some open cockpits on the weekend chosen too! **LINK**

Do please register here if you are interested, would be nice to know who's planning to attend. See you there!

Phil

Edited By Phil Cooke on 04/02/2019 19:53:54

I went to Cosford on a photographic expedition 3 years ago, which was my main hobby at the time. My wife & I spent around 4 hours there took loads of pictures, enough for 3 Audio Visual shows. They are all on youtube if you are interested. If you haven't been, I hope this will give you a flavour. You can see the others on Youtbe by searching for my video channel, just type in stearman65 as it's written.

There's a link here to one I called "The Jet Age" enjoy.

**LINK**

Posted by Harry Twist on 05/02/2019 15:00:34:
No problems in moving the canopies northwards Adie, the large Tonka's are being produced not far from me!

Edited By Harry Twist on 05/02/2019 15:01:55

Brill Harry, if that's ok with you.

Cheers

Ade

I'm slightly baffled as to why an RN aircraft is in an RAF museum, but onto bigger things:

Never mind a group photo, I vote the Balliol candidate for the 2022 PSSA mass build!

Failed Chipmunk indeed! With about 6 times more horsepower it's a much more sleek and slender machine.

Edited By Alan Gorham_ on 05/02/2019 22:05:28

I've been looking into the possibility of our group getting access to the Michael Beetham Conservation workshop where the aircraft are restored. It is bookable for visits of 15 people for £30 for an hour but not between 12 and 14 hours.

Is this worth pursuing for a behind the scenes look at some more aeroplanes?